Manual Trans “6000lb towing”....

MPV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GC
Manual trans “You can tow up to 6,000lb”..... Jeep Brand Manager explain at 10min30sec....
Sponsored

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
This is more of a yeah you probably can but should you. There is a safety net that manufacturers like to stay in. Can the manual pull 6000 lbs yes. I can say that without driving one. Should you well that depends on your towing experience and how much you are willing to put wear on your clutch. It's be said a few time the clutch is the weak point on these trucks. Another thing that helps the auto with the max tow is the 4.10 gears and I'm sure the wide axles aid in the rating as well. Ford just posted a video of their prototype all electric F150 pulling 1.25 million pounds doesn't mean it will be rated for that. Hell I've see videos of the gladiator pulling a semi with a Ford ranger on the trailer but it's not rated to pull 40,000 lbs.

The biggest thing is being able to control and stop that load in both of those PR stunts neither truck is tasked with controlling that load or stopping it.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
This is more of a yeah you probably can but should you. There is a safety net that manufacturers like to stay in. Can the manual pull 6000 lbs yes. I can say that without driving one. Should you well that depends on your towing experience and how much you are willing to put wear on your clutch. It's be said a few time the clutch is the weak point on these trucks. Another thing that helps the auto with the max tow is the 4.10 gears and I'm sure the wide axles aid in the rating as well. Ford just posted a video of their prototype all electric F150 pulling 1.25 million pounds doesn't mean it will be rated for that. Hell I've see videos of the gladiator pulling a semi with a Ford ranger on the trailer but it's not rated to pull 40,000 lbs.

The biggest thing is being able to control and stop that load in both of those PR stunts neither truck is tasked with controlling that load or stopping it.
Yeah exactly. You can tow 10,000 lbs. with a manual trans Gladiator. No sweat.

But when your clutch takes a dump, don't expect FCA to warranty it. :)

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Yeah exactly. You can tow 10,000 lbs. with a manual trans Gladiator. No sweat.

But when your clutch takes a dump, don't expect FCA to warranty it. :)
Good rule of thumb is dont ever expect FCA to warrant a clutch. They have a 1K mile warranty on all clutch components. Ask me how I know. I got my first jeep with 2K on it. A couple months later it was identified my throw out barrings were shot.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Good rule of thumb is dont ever expect FCA to warrant a clutch. They have a 1K mile warranty on all clutch components. Ask me how I know. I got my first jeep with 2K on it. A couple months later it was identified my throw out barrings were shot.
Bastards..... it's easy to tell if a clutch has been abused.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sounds like somebody who had never owned a manual before thought a Jeep with a stick shift would be fun to learn in. Then they decided after a month or so that it wasn't so fun afterall. :facepalm:

I assumed the clutch was covered 12K like a lot of "wear items". That's interesting.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Sounds like somebody who had never owned a manual before thought a Jeep with a stick shift would be fun to learn in. Then they decided after a month or so that it wasn't so fun afterall. :facepalm:

I assumed the clutch was covered 12K like a lot of "wear items". That's interesting.
Not to mention it was in Boston southshore traffic.

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon (sold), 2008 Rubicon (sold), 2003 Musso, 2016 Outback, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon (ordered)
Only time I had a clutch warrantied was when the slave cylinder went out killing the clutch. Due to this, they replaced the clutch with the slave cylinder and I didn't spend a dime. Looking at the price tag ($1,500ish for a 2wd 2003 S-10), never using a stealership for regular clutch work...

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
1k warranty?! What kind of crap is this?!