Manual trans ESS chime

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I leave the ESS on because it’s easy to control with the clutch and saves gas for stops of 7 seconds or more.

About half the time I get a chime and a ESS message in the gauge screen when the engine turns back on. This has to be a bug right? You guys experience this, too?
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I never get a chime... What does the message say? It depends what the engine is turning back on for but it normally tells you it turned on (low voltage, cabin heating / cooling, etc)

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
So I leave the ESS on because it’s easy to control with the clutch and saves gas for stops of 7 seconds or more.

About half the time I get a chime and a ESS message in the gauge screen when the engine turns back on. This has to be a bug right? You guys experience this, too?
I don't experience this at all

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Hi Darren,
We understand you are reaching out to your fellow forum members, however, if you believe your vehicle is not operating as designed, we recommend having your dealer take a closer look. We'd be happy to add assistance throughout your dealer visit! If needed, please PM us.
Alex
Jeep Cares

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
Delete it and it won't be an issue
Sponsored