First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just an FYI jeep just called and told me they will not be building my 2020 manual gladiator i ordered. They aren’t sure when production will (if) production will resume. Soooo if you want a stick find one on a lot now!!
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I ain’t buying it...they said that about the JL and here we are with manual JLs and JTs. Might be a ploy to have folks buy up their remaining inventory.

OP
OP
CookieSoup

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I don’t know I hope not just passing to word along that the factory order I placed. Keep customer service called and said they aren’t building manuals and my order will not be built. And if someone was on the fence your order might be canceled.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I ain’t buying it...they said that about the JL and here we are with manual JLs and JTs. Might be a ploy to have folks buy up their remaining inventory.
I wonder if they ever stopped taking orders for the manual on the JL ? I would think that as long as the manual is available on the JL, then, you will be able to order it for the JT. As you said, they might be pulling some temporary ploy right now to get rid of all the automatics on the lots.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Isnt the MT a Chinese made transmission? Could this have anything to do with it?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I don't see it as much of a ploy but probably pure numbers. Based on how many units they sell with stick (and how many are outstanding) they probably don't see it worth doing any more 2020 runs with a stick. They'll probably make slightly fewer for MY2021 so they don't end up with such an overstock.

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
Good because the manual gearing makes it a turd. Maybe there will be a market now to unload mine.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Good because the manual gearing makes it a turd. Maybe there will be a market now to unload mine.
Yah, I've yet to hear anyone sing the praises of the stick beyond the fanbois that will deem it superior no matter what. Bummer that it isn't stronger, I'd love to go w/ a Mojave stick but not if it runs like crap.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Isnt the MT a Chinese made transmission? Could this have anything to do with it?
Aisin, is a Japanese corporation with factories in north America. They've been a source for Jeep transmissions dating way back to the early 80s. The Aisin D478 is a new short-throw design specifically for the JL/JT.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Yah, I've yet to hear anyone sing the praises of the stick beyond the fanbois that will deem it superior no matter what. Bummer that it isn't stronger, I'd love to go w/ a Mojave stick but not if it runs like crap.
I am not a fan boy, but, I like sticks, and I wanted a stick in my Jeep Gladiator. There is nothing wrong with the 6 speed and 33 inch tires in the JT Rubicon that I own. When this exact manual transmission came out in the JL, the Jeep crowd was ecstatic. It was a big improvement, but, now it is crap in the JT ? -- hard to swallow. It might not be as good as the new eight speed auto, but, it is geared fine for this day and age and guys that like sticks happen to like them. That's all there is to it.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep did this on JKs in 2012....I ended up ordering an auto and regretting it for 8 years. Not that the WA580 was terrible, I just wanted a manual transmission. If you really want this, I recommend telling Jeep loudly here, email them, call them and FB, etc.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
That’s a shame. I also love driving a stick. I’m not ready to order a JT yet, but planning to in the future (if they ever come out with half doors... broken record). My JK Rubicon is a stick with 37” tires and I didn’t need to re-gear. Drives great on road and off road... rock crawling and all.
Sponsored