Mastiff and My Gladiator

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
My GSP sheds three different color hairs. I got a canvas painting tarp at Home Depot that I lay on the back seat for her. When not in use,I fold it up behind the back seat on the drivers side. I just toss it in the washing machine as necessary.

Though she can probably scale a six foot fence, she won’t jump up into the JT.
Sponsored

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
While I do not have a husky(so much hair!!!) I do have three dogs and have not had any problems with hair embedding itself in the neoprene. If anything more hair ends up in the carpet because it does not stick to the neoprene.

they do ride in the back a fair amount though.
IMG_7875(1).jpg
Thanks very much - exactly what I was needing to hear. And what another great pic of those happy, lucky pups.

Different question but wondering about your bed rack. Looks like the brackets move the uprights just outside the sides of the bed. Like maybe the mopar soft roll up tonneau might work over top of the brackets?? If so what brand rack is that? Thanks again.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
PRP seat covers offer marine grade vinyl. Arm rest covers too.

My dobie drools in the wind, but I'm sure nothing like your mastiff. Regardless, the seat covers work for me.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My GSP sheds three different color hairs. I got a canvas painting tarp at Home Depot that I lay on the back seat for her. When not in use,I fold it up behind the back seat on the drivers side. I just toss it in the washing machine as necessary.

Though she can probably scale a six foot fence, she won’t jump up into the JT.
From a hair perspective my GSPs have been the worst of the worst. Though they are fantastic dogs.

Dark hair shows up on Khaki dress pants.
Light hair shows up on dark dress pants.

The hair is stiff so it works its way into the fabric and doesn't even wash out.

Ha.

Sponsored

bfosmoen

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks very much - exactly what I was needing to hear. And what another great pic of those happy, lucky pups.

Different question but wondering about your bed rack. Looks like the brackets move the uprights just outside the sides of the bed. Like maybe the mopar soft roll up tonneau might work over top of the brackets?? If so what brand rack is that? Thanks again.
The rack is from Xtrusion Overland, https://xtrusion-overland.com/products/xtr1-bed-rack-for-jeep-gladiator , and works well with Mopar hard trifold tonneau I just had to get it with the wide feet.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow
OP
OP
GladiatorDevilDoc
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Project Manager
Ok update! Built a tether out of a couple of tie down straps and an old leash. My mastiff can walk left to right and lean his head out over the sides. Plus with the top off, he can stick his head in the back. Works great! He is a little fearful jumping out of the truck but getting in seems to be no problem. Gonna buy a ramp for him. He loves bein back there! Does not even try to out his paws up on the side do the bed. Love the pics and advice for sure!! Was interested to know if dog hair works it’s way into neoprene…
Doc
Sponsored