Sponsored

Max elite diode dynamics adjustment

Alwaysthinking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon
Hey all just had my headlights installed along with a bunch of other upgrades (was lazy and had installer do it). Just got to use them the other day and noticed they are a pointing a good deal low so I was looking adjusting.

The driver side is a pain but I can get to it. The passenger side though has zero clearance between the air filter box. Is there a better way to get to this adjustment beside removing the airbox?
Sponsored

ErrngeElise

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise, '21 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Engineer
Adjust the drivers side until you are happy with it, then level the passenger side while pointed at a wall so it’s even with where you set the driver side. Yes you will either have to remove the air filter box or take the grill shell back off and remove the headlight to do it. It’s a paint but you only have to do it once if you have the driver side where you want it to compare to.

I still had the grille off when I was doing mine so inelected to just take the light back out a few times. The air box looked like a good method too.

RHRT

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Jeep Owner
I installed the Elite Maxs yesterday and did remove the engine air filter box for adjustment access for the right(passenger) side.. Since my set are VOR, I set the height with the passenger side first, then would remove the driver side and make the adjustments. Took about 30 minutes total including measurements and tape lines. It seemed the easiest way to me. Biggest pain was getting the passenger side factory connector to come apart and reconnect the DD Max harness!

OP
OP
Alwaysthinking

Alwaysthinking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks all. I have my weekend project plan :)

Sponsored

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Occupation
Maintenance
Adjust the drivers side until you are happy with it, then level the passenger side while pointed at a wall so it’s even with where you set the driver side. Yes you will either have to remove the air filter box or take the grill shell back off and remove the headlight to do it. It’s a paint but you only have to do it once if you have the driver side where you want it to compare to.

I still had the grille off when I was doing mine so inelected to just take the light back out a few times. The air box looked like a good method too.

Rocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
Occupation
Maintenance
Does anyone have any pictures of the beam pattern and brightness from 25’ away from a wall? I feel like the driver side is a lot more blue and not as bright as the passenger side. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored