Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Added a lip to help cover the 0.75" additional width at each corner from the wide track axles to meet federal highway guidelines. In practicality, won't really change a thing. And kind of looks ugly. That's too bad.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
would be interesting to see body colour painted fenders for max tow

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
would be interesting to see body colour painted fenders for max tow
I swear when I ordered my Max Tow, that the online build stated that the Max Tow option included painted fenders, mine came in without and when I went to the online build site, it no longer said painted fenders. But truth be told with the Red, I like the black top and fenders. The more I look at painted Gladiators and Wranglers, I like the black contrast better, to me they look more Jeepy, too SUV looking when all painted.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I swear when I ordered my Max Tow, that the online build stated that the Max Tow option included painted fenders, mine came in without and when I went to the online build site, it no longer said painted fenders. But truth be told with the Red, I like the black top and fenders. The more I look at painted Gladiators and Wranglers, I like the black contrast better, to me they look more Jeepy, too SUV looking when all painted.
Yeah, they used the term "Molded in Color" for the fenders which is somewhat misleading. I see the Jeep configuration builder has dropped that now for their Max Tow package description as I am sure it pissed off more than a few people that mistakenly thought they were going to get body color fenders. It fooled me early on but I can say I never saw them actually describe the Max Tow fenders as actually being body color "Painted".

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
"Molded in color" means just that; the fender is molded in that color.

Conversely, if you get an Overland or Rubicon you can opt for color-matched fenders which must be painted at the factory.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
Is it possible to buy this extra lip and add it to normal fenders?

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have a Sport S, not Max Tow but the fenders are painted. The window sticker displays it as the "Body Color Fender Flare Package" for $250. I like it, but some people prefer the black fenders that don't get scratched up or noticibly scratched up from taking the JT off-road

Sponsored

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased(3 weeks ago)
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200807_133258
the Sport S w/ Max tow and has the colored fenders

sdiciero

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I know this is an old thread, but I recently purchased(3 weeks ago)
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200807_133258
the Sport S w/ Max tow and has the colored fenders
I also just recently purchased Sport S w/ Max Tow and body colored fenders. I am a little confused and trying to find info: the sticker information shows Max Trailer Tow w/ HD electrical group which is different then the Max Tow Package that is shown now. The sticker also does not say anything about engine cooler or 240 amp alternator so I’m not sure if those actually came with the vehicle. Curious if yours says the same? Everything I am reading says Max tow is not available with body color fenders, so right now I am a bit confused. Also wondering if there was a change to the Max tow at some point and mine was built before that change.
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 2C855560-B6E3-4049-9B54-91D70EEBDC35

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I also just recently purchased Sport S w/ Max Tow and body colored fenders. I am a little confused and trying to find info: the sticker information shows Max Trailer Tow w/ HD electrical group which is different then the Max Tow Package that is shown now. The sticker also does not say anything about engine cooler or 240 amp alternator so I’m not sure if those actually came with the vehicle. Curious if yours says the same? Everything I am reading says Max tow is not available with body color fenders, so right now I am a bit confused. Also wondering if there was a change to the Max tow at some point and mine was built before that change.
Add your VIN to the link below. It will give you your build sheet and it should be listed under Optional Equipment at the end if you have it as an option.

https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Here are some photos of Rubicon/Mojave fenders compared to standard fenders. The main visual difference is the valley formed where the fenders meet the truck body. The Rubicon/Mojave fenders are also a little higher for added tire clearance.

Rubicon:

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200910_095339

Standard:

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200910_095406

Rubicon:

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200910_095348

Standard:

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow Fenders - this is what they look like 20200910_095359
Sponsored