Max Tow Halo Light Wiring

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Searched in the forum and can’t find exactly what I’m looking for most topics are for non-max tow owners looking for LED swap and things like that.

Long story short, I installed Oracle 5769-001 headlights (plain white halo) and would like to wire up the halos to function with the factory DRLs. The instructions that came with the Oracle lights (and their website) are for JKs which have different wiring. I’m seeing references and people saying to tap into the fuses with a microtap but not really any specifics on what’s going on. I have found that neither the W/B or W/Y wire on the DRLs work to turn the halos on.

Has anyone successfully set up halos on their Max tow and can help out?
Sponsored

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
Looking for info on this too. The stock Sport S lighting really sucks. Crazy that a 2020 vehicle is even available with such outdated headlights.

OP
OP
Dwosgood

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
It’s actually way easier than it seems. @BrooksC messaged me and helped me get it all sorted.

For a detailed look at how to get them setup, check this thread:https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/connecting-drls-on-a-sport-s.19298/

That thread also has a few good threads for lighting linked within it. After I figured out what needed to be done, it only took about 15 minutes to get it all wired up and another 30 minutes of “dressing up” to make sure the wires wouldn’t get screwed up.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s actually way easier than it seems. @BrooksC messaged me and helped me get it all sorted.

For a detailed look at how to get them setup, check this thread:https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/connecting-drls-on-a-sport-s.19298/

That thread also has a few good threads for lighting linked within it. After I figured out what needed to be done, it only took about 15 minutes to get it all wired up and another 30 minutes of “dressing up” to make sure the wires wouldn’t get screwed up.
Seems like there would already be wiring for the halos considering the OEM upgrade option has them, and there are existing DRL's within the fender TSI's. Thinking I'll keep researching for something more plug-and-play. Maybe the OEM LED set will work (even though roughly $1K for the pair)? Thinking I could buy something better than OEM for less though...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dwosgood

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
Seems like there would already be wiring for the halos considering the OEM upgrade option has them, and there are existing DRL's within the fender TSI's. Thinking I'll keep researching for something more plug-and-play. Maybe the OEM LED set will work (even though roughly $1K for the pair)? Thinking I could buy something better than OEM for less though...
Yeah, there are plenty of ways to skin this halo cat, running the tap is pretty simple and stable though. What I do know is that I can’t jump the halos straight into the factory DRLs for whatever reason, doing so would have been a much cleaner install.

I am also running the Oracle LEDs with halos, factory LED fogs on my bumper, as well as factory LED taillights without having to use a scanner or having the dealer turn on LED lights in the settings, so there’s gotta be something goofy in the wiring on these things.

Bruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Outback
We putt the Oracle lights in to replace the halogen lights. The halos attached to the same fuse as the cigarette lighter. Now they are on of the trick is on. Works fine

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Based on everything I've read getting OEM halos to work as if factory requires wiring directly to the BCM and a then a dealer flash or programmer to active. That's the main reason I decided to go with Oracle. I wired the halos to an aux switch. Love the Oracles. Here's a really brief thread on wiring OEM LEDs on the JL forum. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/installing-aftermarket-led-headlights.34149/

Last edited:

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to go with Oracle and wired the halo to an aux switch. Love the Oracles.
How's the beam pattern? Do they cut-off correctly or splash light everywhere like some of the other aftermarket LED's I've seen? Don't want to blind everyone.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
How's the beam pattern? Do they cut-off correctly or splash light everywhere like some of the other aftermarket LED's I've seen? Don't want to blind everyone.
I have a JL with the Bunker Industries LEDs from Amazon. They don't have a clear cutoff and I had to basically point them at the ground to keep from getting flashed (and still do sometimes). But they are bright and really light up the road. I've had them 2 years and have been happy with them. Those are $200 lights. By comparison the Oracles I have in the Gladiator have a very crisp cutoff, light up the road perfectly, and throw light cleanly without "splotchiness." No one has brighted me yet. They are a $550 light. You get what you pay for. The Oracle light is a just a higher quality, better engineered product.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Just popping in to show you this wall test photo against OEM LEDs. We engineered the Oculus for superior focus and a sharp cut-off line for this exact reason; no one wants to worry about scattered light creating a safety issue. Let us know if you have other questions!

wall_test_1_1024x1024.jpg

I have a JL with the Bunker Industries LEDs from Amazon. They don't have a clear cutoff and I had to basically point them at the ground to keep from getting flashed (and still do sometimes). But they are bright and really light up the road. I've had them 2 years and have been happy with them. Those are $200 lights. By comparison the Oracles I have in the Gladiator have a very crisp cutoff, light up the road perfectly, and throw light cleanly without "splotchiness." No one has brighted me yet. They are a $550 light. You get what you pay for. The Oracle light is a just a higher quality, better engineered product.
Great comments! Glad you are enjoying.
Sponsored