First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
For instance, when I mentioned in an earlier thread my desire to install a Rubicon suspension I learned that the Max Tow has unique rear springs with better load capacity and installing Rubicon springs would adversely effect that.....
You wouldnā€™t happen to know that part number for the max tow springs or know where I can find out information on the various spring rates for the Gladiator...

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
You wouldnā€™t happen to know that part number for the max tow springs or know where I can find out information on the various spring rates for the Gladiator...
Tomorrow I look at the springs under mine and get the PNs for you.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Yea you might be right on the brakes being the same because I didnā€™t notice any difference when driving a non-Max tow. I guess they just list that on the website for selling tactics or something.

4.88s will be nice. You going 37s or even bigger?
on 35's now but plans to eventually go 37s

I have the auto and it gives a lot of flexibility with the double overdrive

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow I look at the springs under mine and get the PNs for you.
any chance you took that look? Im genuinely curious about the max tow spring numbers.

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
any chance you took that look? Im genuinely curious about the max tow spring numbers.
I have a 2021 max to sport. Here is a pic of the label on driver's rear spring. Passenger rear sticker was missing.

Jeep Gladiator Max tow max tow max tow. IMG_20210424_090015026_HDR

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
The manual transmission also has a, ā€œDouble overdrive,ā€ both 5th & 6th are overdriven.

Kevin
Oh, so now the manual transmission is just the same as the Automatic.

There is just something about waking up at 0630 on the weekend and seeing Max Tow... repeated over and over again in a header! Thatā€™s AWESOME!!

Ahh, ok on the manual double OT... but no, not the same as the strength and gearing of the TF (ZF) 8 speed automatic. I can assure you of that. Iā€™ve driven both the 6 speed manual and the 8 speed auto and although I do love rowing the gears, the 8 speed automatic is perfect for the 6 cylinder petrol fed Jeep. Better mpg, power and strong enough for Max Towing and the diesel. I love this automatic!

So letā€™s think about this whole Max Tow thing... I mean chew down to the bone shall we?

The Max Tow Sport over the regular Sport model, has now been reduced down to just a 1.5ā€ greater track width per axle and 4:10 gears. (As long as you add the painted fenders on the regular sport, that compare to the standard two piece fenders that come stock on the Max Tow. That regular sport option gives you DT running lights as well, I think).

SO, now you say a manual sport is just the same as the Max Tow with itā€™s 8 speed automatic (I am assuming that since you posted about the manual here in this thread)

šŸ¤”, and I think the rear spring rate is now in debate as well.

Letā€™s go back to 2019... the Max Tow had options that were reported by Fiat/Jeep that no other tow package had. Now in 2021, the Max Tow is reduced to these two options; wider axles and 4:10ā€™s, which IMOP still make it worth it.

Oh, and the door sticker for Max Tow for GVWR, GCWR, GTW, TW and Payload are all greater than the other JTā€™s except the payload of a base stripped down Sport with manual which is 1600 lbs (some say 1700lbs) vs Max Tow Sport S of 1550 (some say 1650lbs).

So there is something else different about my Max Tow, the door sticker with higher capacity numbers (overall, except Rubicon with Max Tow package with the same ratings on said door sticker except GCWR on Max Tow which is higher (šŸ¤” That is confusing because I thought the wide axles and brakes were all the same... ) oh Max Tow door sticker, yes back to that... and higher GTW for the Max Tow and the Max Tow TW is rating is also higher.

Iā€™ve been told to do my research so want to make sure the web weenies are happy.

Ok, down to the bone;

The Max Tow is greater than all of the other models for Towing, Tongue Wt, Axle weight rating, and payload is more than all but a base, roll your own windows down, Sport with a manual.

Disclaimer: must be stock Max Tow with the stock wheels and tires, stock air dams (wing things between bumper and fender for Max Cooling šŸ˜) to be the best at towing.

My thoughts;

We have the Mojave Ownerā€™s Thread, the Rubicon Ownerā€™s thread,... heck I think there are some that started a thread about how happy they are with their Willy.

I Think itā€™s time for a Max Tow Only Ownerā€™s thread.

You see, I donā€™t have desert trails here in TN where I live, so the Mojave with its fake hood scoop and orange everywhere is silly for my use (I did go to college at UT Knoxville, but hate the color Orange) Iā€™ve owned a Rubicon and it had multiple expensive warranty repairs on the lockers and sway bar DC. Definitely donā€™t want to go through that again When I bought my Max Tow in October of 2019, there was a $10G difference in price for the Ruby extras. So I didnā€™t want a Rubicon and didnā€™t need one as I am not out crawling over rocks and tight trails with a long wheel base, bad departure angle expensive new pickup truck. Iā€™ll build another Jeep for that (Iā€™ve built many of them for trail use, not the JT, but I did build one MJ with a good friend that was incredible!)

So yeah, Iā€™m thinking Max Tow Max Tow Max Tow Max Tow Max Tow is RIGHT AS RAIN!!! For me

So no offense here, I needed a best in class towing midsized convertible pickup truck that I could take the doors off of. So, the Max Tow does it for me. I must say highway travel is awesome with decent MPG for petrol at 20-21, and plenty of power and stability when not towing. Max Tow, no speed limiter that I know of and mine will scoot! šŸ‘

So go enjoy your 99% of the time (most Jeep owners rarely if ever go off road) street driven daily driver Mojaveā€™s, and Rubiconā€™s. They look nice and I like lifted big tire Jeeps, but my Max Tow is some kind of awesome!

4659E02F-D281-493B-9013-6C14CB6B5C5F.jpeg

8CEBEFF3-72F5-4E76-9FB1-D95DDC2516BB.jpeg

B19F6AC7-BF43-4693-A146-CBAEB26E6415.jpeg

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
LOL.
Smith and Wesson owners: "My 686 shoots as good as a Python"

No Python owner ever; "My Python shoots as good as good as a 686"

People trying to make almost a Rubicon out of a Max Tow is a bad look.

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Ok. I gotta ask. Why is it everyone with a max tow has to say its a max tow in every post?

its an option for a trailer hitch different axles and a 4.10 rear, right? It kinda seems like its the same thing as saying ā€œcold weather packageā€œ or ā€œ8.4 Navā€

what am i missing that i cant understand why its important whether or not you have a max tow option???
14 pages and counting - I'd say you struck a nerve there, Kurt! LOL

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 max to sport. Here is a pic of the label on driver's rear spring. Passenger rear sticker was missing.

IMG_20210424_090015026_HDR.jpg
My 2020 Max Tow rear springs have a different P/N it's P68341444AC that seems funny or maybe just particular to the year

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Max Tow rear springs have a different P/N it's P68341444AC that seems funny or maybe just particular to the year
Every spring is specific to side, and each model has different ones. The assembly line logistics of getting all the right parts on the right Jeep must be amazing.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
SO, now you say a manual sport is just the same as the Max Tow with itā€™s 8 speed automatic (I am assuming that since you posted about the manual here in this thread)
You suppose too much.
I simply said that the manual, as well as the automatic, has two overdriven gears.
I made no mention as to which may be better. Nor did I compare any trim levels.

Kevin

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Every spring is specific to side, and each model has different ones. The assembly line logistics of getting all the right parts on the right Jeep must be amazing.
That was my driver's side but I do have a base model so maybe that's the difference and the year, who knows.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
You suppose too much.
I simply said that the manual, as well as the automatic, has two overdriven gears.
I made no mention as to which may be better. Nor did I compare any trim levels.

Kevin
Hmmm, doesnā€™t matter really I just thought it was funny to see this fact in this argumentative Max Tow thread. šŸ˜

Take no offense please. I am the resident Max Tow owner on a soap box.

All the gladiators are great in my opinion.
Sponsored