Did your Max Tow package come with painted or molded in color black fenders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I've researched this topic pretty extensively and thought I had a concrete answer. Even though the Sport S comes standard with body colored fenders, when you choose the max tow package you get the black (molded in color) fenders. Well fellow member @Dennis K just received his max tow and as you see here it has body colored fenders.

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? F2D6F0D8-1A73-47AA-9F3A-3235E1EBB337

So my question for those of you that chose the max tow package but didn't make the choice of black fenders when ordering. Did you get body colored painted fenders or molded in color black fenders??
Sponsored

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I've researched this topic pretty extensively and thought I had a concrete answer. Even though the Sport S comes standard with body colored fenders, when you choose the max tow package you get the black (molded in color) fenders. Well fellow member @Dennis K just received his max tow and as you see here it has body colored fenders.

Jeep Gladiator Max Tow - Painted or black fenders?? F2D6F0D8-1A73-47AA-9F3A-3235E1EBB337

So my question for those of you that chose the max tow package but didn't make the choice of black fenders when ordering. Did you get body colored painted fenders or molded in color black fenders??
I havent picked mine up yet, but both the window sticker and build sheet say body color, so I anticipate they will be like this persons.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It used to be NOT available with the body color fenders. Then they changed things from what I was told. One reason I got Overland was my wife said the blue looked better with body color fenders and I could not get them on Sport with max tow. Even the sales people at two dealerships agreed with her.
Then they later changed it - I was told.
The original reason was due to the wider max tow axles - and thus fender requirements. At least that was the dealership explanation.
You're sure he got max tow and not tow package?
And - maybe the options have changed AGAIN. Jeep keeps doing that.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I like the contrast of the black fenders and top, to me the body color makes it look less like a Jeep. IMO the black is also more durable easier to replace if needed.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
The Sport model comes with black fenders. With or without Max Tow.

The Sport S model comes with painted fenders. With or without Max tow. The Sport S has a zero dollar option to swap painted fenders for black. The Sport doesn't have that option.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It used to be NOT available with the body color fenders. Then they changed things from what I was told. One reason I got Overland was my wife said the blue looked better with body color fenders and I could not get them on Sport with max tow. Even the sales people at two dealerships agreed with her.
Then they later changed it - I was told.
The original reason was due to the wider max tow axles - and thus fender requirements. At least that was the dealership explanation.
You're sure he got max tow and not tow package?
And - maybe the options have changed AGAIN. Jeep keeps doing that.

Yes you can see the max tow lip in the pic. And he confirmed it was max tow as well.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I havent picked mine up yet, but both the window sticker and build sheet say body color, so I anticipate they will be like this persons.
My window sticker says painted as well. But in the older threads I have read people say that even though the Sport S comes with painted fenders, the max tow defaulted to molded in color black. I dunno. Could be one of their infamous rolling changes.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the contrast of the black fenders and top, to me the body color makes it look less like a Jeep. IMO the black is also more durable easier to replace if needed.

I'm on the opposite side of the fence. On the Gladiator I think painted fenders look better. But on the Wrangler I prefer black. LOL

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
The poll/thread isnt about what you think is better though, it's about what your max tow came with if you didn't actively specify a fender choice.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
New one on me! Max Tow was never available with painted fenders before because it had its own unique ones not used on any other trims. This is interesting!

And those wheels are much nicer than traditional sport wheels. What's going on?

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I’m with you there. I’ll probably swap mine for something more rugged looking down the road.

Edit: Sorry OP I forgot to answer the question…I’ve got a Sport S w/ Max Tow and it came with painted fender flares.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
The poll/thread isnt about what you think is better though, it's about what your max tow came with if you didn't actively specify a fender choice.
Okay, my max tow came with black fenders.

OP
OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New one on me! Max Tow was never available with painted fenders before because it had its own unique ones not used on any other trims. This is interesting!

Wheels are another rolling change that just recently happend. There is another thread that just started about them.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Looks like a HA with the Max Tow, and not a Sport S Max Tow
Sponsored