Max tow

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
I’ve been playing with the Jeeps website to built my Gladiator. I just realize I cannot get Max tow on a Rubicon model. Only the Overland, and Sport can have Max tow. How much can I tow with the Rubicon with just the hitch package?

This could be a game changer. I want a Rubicon, and my husband wants to be able to tow.
Sponsored

FiveStar-Ace

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
I’ve been playing with the Jeeps website to built my Gladiator. I just realize I cannot get Max tow on a Rubicon model. Only the Overland, and Sport can have Max tow. How much can I tow with the Rubicon with just the hitch package?

This could be a game changer. I want a Rubicon, and my husband wants to be able to tow.
With an automatic...7000

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Rubicon tows 7000...BUT... has significantly lower payload than the Max Tow package, so with people and gear in the truck you'll never get to 7000 legally with a Rubicon. If towing is a major need, I'd strongly consider doing your homework on payload, GCWR, GVWR before buying.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Towing is not a major need and we only want it for jet skis or a small boat, possibly a camping trailer but nothing major. I’m doing my homework by utilizing the forum :)

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Max tow pkg is only available on the sport/sport S trim and adds wide HD axles with 4.10 gears to allow up to 7650 towing capacity

Rubicon comes standard with the wide HD axles and 4.10 gears but weighs more and has different suspension so is only rated at 7000 lb towing.
Sponsored