Sponsored

MAY 1. Schubarth Loop COLORADO SPRINGS/WOODLAND PARK

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Going to go on May 1 and run Schubarth and use this as a shake down for the season. My Buddy has a Nissan Xterra on 35s and a straight axle conversion and he wants to do the same. I plan to air down and try out my JKS Disconnects get the GMRS going etc. Will leave the Springs around 8am and head up. Not opposed to running through GOG and using the Rampart Res trail if the gate is open. Will probably hit Wines of Colorado for a buffalo burger on the way back. Add to this thread if you want to go. We can choose a meet up and discuss. Chill people, good time. Run what you brung, but be cool to get a bunch of JTs up.
Sponsored

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hey, I've got a stock JT Rubicon still on 33s and live up in Denver. Have a winch up front and various recovery gear.
We just got a RTT, bed rack, and various camping gear and were looking to do a test run with those things as well as camp for a night next weekend. (We're planning a trip to Zion mid May).

We're new to Colorado as of a few months ago and haven't done any trails yet. Would this be doable stock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I did it in my Sport S on 33s. with no issues. Few technical sections, but mostly just squeezing between giant rocks. I think you will get to get your truck off road, check out some cool scenery..
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/schubarth-4x4-road
Awesome, yeah I was just checking out the trail there too. Definitely looks doable and reviews make it seem like a good time. Will have to figure out plans with the wife and maybe we'd camp for the night since it's in the National Forest land too, but I'm definitely interested.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Be very aware of where you camp. Some of the land up there is private and some AFA owned, but I think there are places you can camp. It will b nice this week and I am hoping the 70 degree days will dry things out up there. But really, I just want to get back to Saturday wheeling. Once Tin Cup is open, I want to do that and I am also planning a July trip to Ouray.

Awesome, yeah I was just checking out the trail there too. Definitely looks doable and reviews make it seem like a good time. Will have to figure out plans with the wife and maybe we'd camp for the night since it's in the National Forest land too, but I'm definitely interested.

Sponsored

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
Planning on this. I'll be in a near new (and naked) Rubicon. At the moment, all I can bring are staps, jack and shovel. :like:

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
No worries. It's not a hard trail. We will have a good time and it is a confidence builder. Lots of rollers that let you flex and a few minor obstacles.

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
My wife and I will be joining for the trail run and probably stop just before the end/private roads to camp out. The Funtreks book recommends a couple spots.
I've got a friend who lives down in the Springs with a Taco who may join as well.

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
All good. Looking for a chill day. Going to swing by and see if the gate is open for Rampart Range Road. If it is, we can take that up to Schubarth.

My wife and I will be joining for the trail run and probably stop just before the end/private roads to camp out. The Funtreks book recommends a couple spots.
I've got a friend who lives down in the Springs with a Taco who may join as well.

molevich

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Willys, 21 Indian Scout
Occupation
Management
Depending on work I might bring my Willys and see how it does. Thanks for putting this together @DocMike

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I'd think you will be fine. It's not a really difficult trail. Go slow, pick good lines.

Depending on work I might bring my Willys and see how it does. Thanks for putting this together @DocMike

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
You would be shocked at how capable a stock Sport S can be.
@FR33DOM you in on this one?

Last edited:

Waggs

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1967 Kaiser Jeepster
Occupation
Software Developer
Jeep Gladiator MAY 1.  Schubarth Loop COLORADO SPRINGS/WOODLAND PARK 20210429_PikesPeak

From my old man walk today. I'm prepared to not be able to get as far as we'd like, and will be happy to go as far as we can.

From a couple of years ago, I don't recall if this was Schubarth, but it was in the same area and snow compelled us to turn around here. And this was more of a "wintery" trip. :)
Jeep Gladiator MAY 1.  Schubarth Loop COLORADO SPRINGS/WOODLAND PARK IMGP4910

Waggs

Last edited:

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

From my old man walk today. I'm prepared to not be able to get as far as we'd like, and will be happy to go as far as we can.

From a couple of years ago, I don't recall if this was Schubarth, but it was in the same area and snow compelled us to turn around here. And this more of a "wintery" trip. :)

Waggs
Oh boy, wonder if the recent warmer weather will have the snow more or less melted. Has anybody had a chance to give it a look or seen from other forums/facebook groups?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Should not be too bad. I trail run Cheyenne Canyon and it's been pretty dry. This heat will help for sure.
Sponsored