CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I reached out to them surprisingly they have no videos pre and post install. Looked under the truck today that system deletes both mufflers so I’m concerned about can drone. Based on the instructions the stock may need to be cut out to remove it so wouldn’t be re-usable so for the $170 it’s not expensive unless it just doesn’t sound good and needs to be swapped back. Tough call.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I have changed out multiple cold ends on JTD and it does not need to be cut out on diesels (the gassers have a "service joint" that makes it easier to remove but also not necessary). There is a bolt flange after the electric valve. Once you allow the suspension to drop down you can remove one side of the rear axle trac bar and it will fish out of there. Probably best on 2-post hoist. The OE cold end (behind emission stuff) is 2.5" (65mm) and that exhaust above is 3". You will loose a few lbs by removing the muffler and resonator which are designed to reduce the flow noise(woooshing). You can remove the entire cold end and it will still be very quiet and very little drone. If you want more noise (more like different noise) I would suggest a stubby dump pipe right after the electric valve. The flow will not increase as it is limited by the DOC/DPF/SCR in the emissions. Now is when a "only fan" content creator will start chiming in and bashing my claims.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have changed out multiple cold ends on JTD and it does not need to be cut out on diesels (the gassers have a "service joint" that makes it easier to remove but also not necessary). There is a bolt flange after the electric valve. Once you allow the suspension to drop down you can remove one side of the rear axle trac bar and it will fish out of there. Probably best on 2-post hoist. The OE cold end (behind emission stuff) is 2.5" (65mm) and that exhaust above is 3". You will loose a few lbs by removing the muffler and resonator which are designed to reduce the flow noise(woooshing). You can remove the entire cold end and it will still be very quiet and very little drone. If you want more noise (more like different noise) I would suggest a stubby dump pipe right after the electric valve. The flow will not increase as it is limited by the DOC/DPF/SCR in the emissions. Now is when a "only fan" content creator will start chiming in and bashing my claims.
Awesome info. Yeah I think they told me with a post lift you don't need to cut it out so I may need to bring it somewhere vs do it in my garage..

Sponsored

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So here is the video of the MBRP before and after. I was able to get the old pipe out easy enough with the 2" lift and 35's and just a slight jacking up of the right rear to get the clearance. I am going out now for a test drive to get a feel for the cabin sound and maybe under load it will sound better but nobody to hang out the window for that audio clip LOL.

Actually thought it would be louder with just a straight pipe.

Ptevo03

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 cj7,ton axles,360,40's, 18 JL,37's, diesel JT s
Occupation
Refrigeration Services manager
Definitely better than stock!!!

voodoo303

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Service Manager
I installed the MBRP filter back and didn’t really notice a difference in sound, but I didn’t video a before and after.
I can kinda hear a small difference in the above video.
I ordered the AFE intake pipes today, why not.

Last edited:

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
I do like the cleanliness of the MBRP vs the stock.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed an MBRP and noticed no difference, but I didn’t video a before and after. I can kinda hear a small difference in the above video.
I ordered the pipes today, why not. :)
I mean it’s $169 for MBRP. I’m going to order the charge tubes too. Trying to see if they are actually available or not because I’ve been waiting for their intake to ship and it has RK be removed for the cold side pip me install anyhow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same here there is no bulge of the muffler under the rock slider. For $169 I’d say it’s not a bad deal and not to hard to install

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
I can’t hear much of a difference at all. Maybe just a touch of turbo spooling noise.

I’m assuming you haven’t noticed much performance difference? Any guess on how much weight was saved?

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t hear much of a difference at all. Maybe just a touch of turbo spooling noise.

I’m assuming you haven’t noticed much performance difference? Any guess on how much weight was saved?
There is a sound difference I should have recorded it outside the garage so the diesel knock wasn’t as loud. Hard to tell any perf difference. I’d say a bout 15 to 20 pounds difference.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After looking I’m doing to take the spare tire heat shield down again and spray paint with some high heat flat or satin black paint so it’s not even that visible from the whee well with the lift kit.

OP
OP
CCOlotti

CCOlotti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean it’s $169 for MBRP. I’m going to order the charge tubes too. Trying to see if they are actually available or not because I’ve been waiting for their intake to ship and it has RK be removed for the cold side pip me install anyhow.
I installed the MBRP filter back and didn’t really notice a difference in sound, but I didn’t video a before and after.
I can kinda hear a small difference in the above video.
I ordered the AFE intake pipes today, why not.
I ordered the charge pipes today. AFE said they are still on back order though but oh well.
Sponsored