Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I started out with the Gladiator Sport model with very limited options. Stick shift, hard top, and spray in bed liner were the only options I ordered. My thought process was to start bare bones and build it up exactly the way I wanted. Many thanks to Mark out in DJ that helped me out with the ordering process. Stay cool Brother!

First mod was to swap out the stock antenna for a Rydonair 8” antenna.
472FEA38-BFFB-4CDA-BF7F-24FF373B9909.jpeg

Advertisement

OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
After that it was time for armor and open air.

Bestop Sunrider - One of my favorite mobs since in seconds it is open or closed. Plus it was an easy 15 min install.

EC6E4062-2A42-4EE1-BE3B-D301C8A27F9C.jpeg

EAG Military Tube Doors - Well built, but a bit hard to fit. After some forum advice I trimmed the rubber pads for the back doors and finally got them to close properly with no rattles.

ECB4430F-7DCA-4D86-97B0-52FA0AFDCE41.jpeg

Rampage Trailguard front bumper with Smittybuilt X20 winch. They paired well together. Fit was snug, but it went in with just enough room between the winch and front grill.
Also installed some Oracle Oculus Bi-LED headlights - One had something rolling around on the inside, but customer service for Northridge 4x4 helped me through getting a replacement. Thanks Dahrien you rock!

3CBB6132-20D4-45E3-99D6-27180395FE13.jpeg

OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Rockhard Rock Sliders angled up - These are well made and I am very happy with them. The fit was tight on the pinch seam holes, but I was able to get it in without having to drill anything out. I put on some grip tape for added traction getting in and out. One thing I noticed after adding on the tape was that you can scratch up your legs getting out if you don’t use the rail.

image.jpg

OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
Last bit of armor is a Motobuilt Crusher rear bumper. This thing is a beast! Few things to keep in mind if you get one of these is that it comes bare metal and you will need to get an additional License plate light.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I got the small radio and that was not cutting it, so I upgraded to the Insane audio JL3001 unit. When I hooked it up i lost radio reception and they are sending me another adaptor. Hopefully that will resolve the radio issue. I primarily use Pandora, but regular radio is an option I wanted as well. The unit is internet based, so the sky is the limit on apps that can go on it. It also comes with all the USB plugs you could ever want.
image.jpg

OP
Haden

Haden

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport
Build Thread
Link
I got the small radio and that was not cutting it, so I upgraded to the Insane audio JL3001 unit. When I hooked it up i lost radio reception and they are sending me another adaptor. Hopefully that will resolve the radio issue. I primarily use Pandora, but regular radio is an option I wanted as well. The unit is internet based, so the sky is the limit on apps that can go on it. It also comes with all the USB plugs you could ever want.
image.jpg
The replacement antenna adapter arrived from insane audio after a few quick and easy email with their tech support. After the new adapter was installed it worked like a charm.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
How has the jl3001 been treating you? Ordered mine with the standard audio so I'm looking to upgrade.

Seems like something I would build myself if I could. Really cool.

Advertisement

Advertisement