Sponsored

Meet Aahnold

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Aahnold's a 2020 Sting Grey Rubicon and this is his first b-day picture (Nov 11)
Pic 4.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Aahnold wanted a few things for his b-day, namely tinted windows, Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit, N-fab podium steps, a Fox stabilizer and a stubby antenna. Now he wants new tires and wheels. Aahnold is becoming very needy.

Jeep1.jpg

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
....and lastly, new tires. Wheels are ordered but I couldn't wait. 315-70-17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock Rubi rims running 40 PSI. No rubbing even at full lock-lock. Ride's more smoothly than I imagined too. I'll post better pics of them tomorrow.

Tires.jpg

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done.

have you noticed any change in youre highway driving gears with the 315’s?

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Nicely done.

have you noticed any change in youre highway driving gears with the 315’s?
Thanks Gren71. I haven't noticed any real difference in shift patterns overall and I drive 32 highway miles each day. Not sure I'll re-calibrate the speedo either since it's only off by about 1 MPH after the change.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Gren71. I haven't noticed any real difference in shift patterns overall and I drive 32 highway miles each day. Not sure I'll re-calibrate the speedo either since it's only off by about 1 MPH after the change.

Awesome, thats good to know. I intend to size up to 315’s with my next purchase.

one last question..do they stick out of the wheel wells like true 35’s do? Couldnt tell in your pics

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
....and lastly, new tires. Wheels are ordered but I couldn't wait. 315-70-17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on stock Rubi rims running 40 PSI. No rubbing even at full lock-lock. Ride's more smoothly than I imagined too. I'll post better pics of them tomorrow.

Tires.jpg
I'm agonizing over tires - did you have the AT or MT stock? If you had the AT, are these Nittos better than / same as the stock Falken AT ride? I love the ride now and don't want to sacrifice - was debating between 315 Nittos and 315 Falkens...

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm agonizing over tires - did you have the AT or MT stock? If you had the AT, are these Nittos better than / same as the stock Falken AT ride? I love the ride now and don't want to sacrifice - was debating between 315 Nittos and 315 Falkens...
No, they don't stick out at all (I actually want them to slightly). I'll post some better pics from different angles.

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
how do the Nittos ride compared to the stock Falken AT's? More or less noise?
Here are a couple more pics showing the how far the tires stick-out. As far as ride vs the Falkens, I actually find the Nittos to be smoother. They seem to soak up bumps better and I swear, the steering is better (tighter) than with the Falkens. These are AT vs MT tires and I've not noticed any increase in noise at all. Overall, I'm very pleased with them so far.

Tires 3.jpg

Tires2.jpg

Tires1.jpg

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Here are a couple more pics showing the how far the tires stick-out. As far as ride vs the Falkens, I actually find the Nittos to be smoother. They seem to soak up bumps better and I swear, the steering is better (tighter) than with the Falkens. These are AT vs MT tires and I've not noticed any increase in noise at all. Overall, I'm very pleased with them so far.

Tires 3.jpg

Tires2.jpg

Tires1.jpg
Looks real good ! I also like the way the tires bulge out, saving the stock rims, and allowing you to really air down. I really like the setup with those rims. I am thinking of doing the same thing with the stock Rubicon rims like you have now. I noticed you said you are buying new wider rims, Any reason you can see, or feel, why you would not stick with these stock rims ? Thanks for any info.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Tires 3.jpg

Tires2.jpg

Tires1.jpg

That looks outstanding! When ever i need new tires ill be upping to 315’s

OP
OP
Rainman519

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Finally got the new wheels. Fuel Ammo's, 17 x 9, +1mm off-set. Sit outside the fender 2 inches more than when same tires were mounted on stock rubi rims. Love the stance now! Drives and handles no differently than before.

Jeep.jpg

Tires.jpg

New tires.jpg
Sponsored