Sponsored

Troop

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Rubicon
Love the Jeep Gladiator and love what your planning. Best of luck and safe travels. Looking forward to watching your journey!
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in awe. My girlfriend and I wish you safe travels. I'm sure you have a ton of followers that will be living vicariously though you via this thread and your other media posts.
Cheers!

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow Pkg
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Love the Jeep Gladiator and love what your planning. Best of luck and safe travels. Looking forward to watching your journey!
Thanks Cam! Appreciate you joining us for this journey!

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in awe. My girlfriend and I wish you safe travels. I'm sure you have a ton of followers that will be living vicariously though you via this thread and your other media posts.
Cheers!
Thanks Ben. Appreciate the well wishes on our journey. Hope you two will join us virtually on the ride.

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like an incredible adventure....
You have built an awesome Overland Gladiator, and you are still going on the build.

Best of success!

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like an incredible adventure....
You have built an awesome Overland Gladiator, and you are still going on the build.

Best of success!
Thanks! It feels great to have the major portion of the build done finally. We are in shakedown phase now. We need to put the rig through its paces between now and early October here in the USA and make sure all systems are functional. If all goes well, we look to cross the border south in just about 2 months!

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Update 8/9/2021

Over the past few days, we've been finalizing our inventory. We actually keep an Evernote with everything we carry. So not only do we know what we have, but where specifically in the vehicle it is located.

I noticed our airbags were flat and we had to get that fixed. Busted an ABS line in the process, got that fixed too. Ok... so now we're about a week or so away from taking off on our first major shakedown run to Loveland, CO for Overland Expo Mountain West. Right now DAUNTLESS is firing on all cylinders and is a LOT of fun to drive.

Had a couple of alarms set off the other night where I had to go out and see what was going on. Definitely someone trolling the vehicle. But it's all good. It does tend to attract attention. Sometimes the wrong kind.

We are so ready to get back out on the road. This house thing is fun for about 3 days...that is about my limit.

I have been enjoying the pool at my in-laws though, I've been sitting in it and reflecting on the journey we are about to undertake. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be back in this pool, or in this childhood home of my wife's.

The journey we are looking to take is massive and I'm ready mentally for the challenge.

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
3 days 1078 miles and just like that we went from Corpus Christi to Denver.

We'll be stopping by Juniper Overland tomorrow to have a few shakedown items looked at and then we'll hang out in the Denver area for a bit while Brittany takes a wilderness survival course.

Then we head up to Loveland, CO for Overland Expo Mountain West.

On the off chance any of you are going, stop by and see us in the Vehicle Showcase area! ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
For those interested in overlanding, our series continues as we go over what you REALLY need to start overlanding.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Update September 16, 2021:

Where even to begin. So much has happened since my last update. We stopped at a friends place last night, which is one of the reasons I'm able to update. We have reliable wifi.

So we've done three events so far and we have two more to go. Next event for us is Overland Expo West where we'll be in the Goose Gear booth. We had a great time at Overland Expo Mountain West. There we picked up 3 more sponsors for our global overland journey. 67 Designs, OK4WD, and GP Factor. We also spoke 5 times at that event and were able to make a ton of new friends. Our rig was on display in the Showcase area there right near the main entrance. We must have given over 1000 tours of the vehicle in the 3.5 days there.

Caspian visited his 37th National Park yesterday. It is probably his last USA National Park for quite some time. We plan to cross south of the border on or about October 9th to begin the global journey.

Our YouTube channel has hit 15,000 subscribers and we've become very active on that platform. We did a full series on the build out of our rig, and currently we're in the middle of an Overlanding 101 series. Oh and we caved and bought a drone upon Brittany's insistence. We got the DJI Air 2S with the Fly More package (extra batteries and what not)

Perhaps the biggest news is that Brittany's passport came in! We are so pumped about that because it was the only thing truly holding us back.

So now with less than a month left, and still 2 events to go, we are feeling it finally. It is becoming real to us and the excitement is building day by day.

Thank you to everyone who has been encouraging us on this journey. We can't wait for our first international stop of interior Mexico and Margarita and Siesta time. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
4 days away from the start of our global overland adventure. If you'd like to follow it, here's how:

4 Ways to Follow Our Global Overland Adventure

Thank you for all the kindness everyone here has shown us as we take off on this epic journey. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Well fellow Jeepers we've done it! We've started our global overland journey in DAUNTLESS!

Here is the first of many videos to come. Hope you enjoy and let me know if you have any questions. ~ Eric

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Crazy thing happened in Mexico. We met the President of San Luis Potosi (essentially the Mayor) and he gave us a tour of the Municipal Palace. Also we show off some of the coolest things in the city in our video that went up today from our global overland journey.

OP
OP
HourlessLife

HourlessLife

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hourlesslife.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Full-time overlander
Vehicle Showcase
Ok for those adventurous enough to come down to Mexico, this is a place you can camp! Our son Caspian did the bravest thing he's ever done, and this place we visited is not only magical, they have a heart for people with disabilities. Amazing place and amazing mission. Hope you enjoy.

Any questions let me know. ~ Eric
Sponsored