Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Seems like membership is growing nicely lately but I didn't see an intro thread, so I'll start!

I'm Rob from NY. I daily a Grand Cherokee and got a project TJ SE that I've had for years and will hopefully keep forever. Was considering a JKU as a weekend outdoor activity car for the family, but figured the JL Unlimited is right around the corner so why not wait. Happy to be here for the last few months following all the great news and coverage of the JL Wrangler.
Sponsored

Midnight2d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Rubicon
Hi all I'm Derrick, own a '12 Rubicon and while I love it I'm looking at a JL mainly for the diesel option and I'd really like to see it get a few more bells and whistles like better infotainment, ambulance doors, a more comfortable ride on roads and make it lighter.

Trying to find every bit of info I can about it and that's why I came to this site. Seems to have the best and quickest info out there and lots of good members so far.
Happy to be here !

Wolfslash16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Firecracker Recon.
Same here. I've always wanted a Jeep, and by the time I have enough saved up it will put me right around when the JK production ends and the JL will start up. I've been watching anything and everything JL, and I can't wait until what I believe to be January to see the beast in the flesh. Hoping to pick a late JK or ideally a JL early 2018.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
HI all,
I have owned a couple of YJ jeeps in the past and eagerly looking to get into a 2018 unlimited once it comes out.
Looking forward to learn more the new JL features and production,release dates.
hope to see some pictures of the final product soon.

All the best

Gus

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
JK owner here but liking what I'm hearing about the JL. Love my JK but may be open to upgrading to JL diesel model once details on that's revealed. Looks like I'm one of the old timers here now lol. Good to see some new guys and welcome!

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys ... Kris here ... live in the Boise,ID area and have a 13 JKU Rubi. Love it minus the V6 and its hwy manners. I'm hoping the new diesel and 8 speed will fix a lot of that as well as maybe a few suspension tweaks so it doesn't feel like a sail boat on the freeway above 65mph.

I too would like to see some higher end infotainment options. I am leaning towards the JT over the JL but I'm already itching to trade in my 13 so I hope I can be patient till 19.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys ... Kris here ... live in the Boise,ID area and have a 13 JKU Rubi. Love it minus the V6 and its hwy manners. I'm hoping the new diesel and 8 speed will fix a lot of that as well as maybe a few suspension tweaks so it doesn't feel like a sail boat on the freeway above 65mph.

I too would like to see some higher end infotainment options. I am leaning towards the JT over the JL but I'm already itching to trade in my 13 so I hope I can be patient till 19.
Hi Kris,
Is the Rubicon Unlimited more pumpy compared to the Sahara Unlimited due to heavy duty suspension?? just wondering if there is a big difference between Rubicon and Sahara in terms of highway comfort and offroad as well?
feedback appreciated
Gus

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I have not driven a Sahara since I bought mine, but I didn't really notice any difference in feel. I currently have the AEV 2.5" lift +geo correction kit with 35s, and the wider tires helped it not be so darty on the freeway, and suspension feels a lot like stock. Around town the Jeep is fine, its just on those 2 hour plus road trips that it get tough. I really want to build a true Overlanding vehicle for my next purchase and if the hwy manners are not better on the new Jeep I might have to wait it out to see the new Bronco/F150 or 4Runner/Tacoma.

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not driven a Sahara since I bought mine, but I didn't really notice any difference in feel. I currently have the AEV 2.5" lift +geo correction kit with 35s, and the wider tires helped it not be so darty on the freeway, and suspension feels a lot like stock. Around town the Jeep is fine, its just on those 2 hour plus road trips that it get tough. I really want to build a true Overlanding vehicle for my next purchase and if the hwy manners are not better on the new Jeep I might have to wait it out to see the new Bronco/F150 or 4Runner/Tacoma.
Thanks for your feedback,
What do you mean 2+ hours trips gets tough? do you mean in terms of comfort? so you mean the stock suspension is more comfortable on longer 2+ hours highway trips?
appreciated

Gus

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for your feedback,
What do you mean 2+ hours trips gets tough? do you mean in terms of comfort? so you mean the stock suspension is more comfortable on longer 2+ hours highway trips?
appreciated

Gus
I mean 2 hour+ trips stock or modified are a lot of work in terms of comfort. The motor struggles over 70mph to hold and the gearing makes it annoying. Also the Wrangler in general is lose feeling on the highway due to the solid front axel so you find your self doing constant adjustments. Mix in wind and its all over the road.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my wrangler. Its the only vehicle I have owned for more then 2 years (coming up to its 4th B-Day), its just for people that like exploring (I take a lot of road trips for snowboarding, and hiking/camping) its a bit annoying on those long trips. Its totally bearable, but its the biggest issue I have with mine. I'm sure the diesel with more TQ and 8 speed (more gearing) will take care of a lot of that. I just hope they have done some steering/tracking improvements as well.

Sponsored

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean 2 hour+ trips stock or modified are a lot of work in terms of comfort. The motor struggles over 70mph to hold and the gearing makes it annoying. Also the Wrangler in general is lose feeling on the highway due to the solid front axel so you find your self doing constant adjustments. Mix in wind and its all over the road.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE my wrangler. Its the only vehicle I have owned for more then 2 years (coming up to its 4th B-Day), its just for people that like exploring (I take a lot of road trips for snowboarding, and hiking/camping) its a bit annoying on those long trips. Its totally bearable, but its the biggest issue I have with mine. I'm sure the diesel with more TQ and 8 speed (more gearing) will take care of a lot of that. I just hope they have done some steering/tracking improvements as well.
Thank you Kris for your reply. this just clarified my concern. Thanks again and enjoy your jeep, and will eb waiting to see what the new wrangler would offer next year :)

RockRodHooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 XJ 2door, 89 MJ short bed 2.5L 4spd manual RWD, 89 MJ sho
I'm Rod, been into Jeeps about 10 years now, I've had an 01 XJ, 89 MJ long bed 4.0 manual 2wd, I currently have a 96 XJ 2 door, 89 MJ 2.5 4 speed manual 2wd short bed, 89 MJ 4.0 auto 2wd short bed, and I've helped build a few TJs. I'll be ordering a JT truck as soon as they start taking orders next year.

I'll also be up at the Detroit Auto Show this January to check out the reveal in person

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
I'm Rod, been into Jeeps about 10 years now, I've had an 01 XJ, 89 MJ long bed 4.0 manual 2wd, I currently have a 96 XJ 2 door, 89 MJ 2.5 4 speed manual 2wd short bed, 89 MJ 4.0 auto 2wd short bed, and I've helped build a few TJs. I'll be ordering a JT truck as soon as they start taking orders next year.

I'll also be up at the Detroit Auto Show this January to check out the reveal in person
Hello to all my future JL/JT fellow owners! Otto checking in.

@RockRodHooligan Are we sure we're going to see the JL Wrangler revealed in Detroit? Both the JL and JT Wrangler pickup?

RockRodHooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 XJ 2door, 89 MJ short bed 2.5L 4spd manual RWD, 89 MJ sho
Hello to all my future JL/JT fellow owners! Otto checking in.

@RockRodHooligan Are we sure we're going to see the JL Wrangler revealed in Detroit? Both the JL and JT Wrangler pickup?
Rumor is yes, if not Detroit it's got to be EJS 17. I'm betting Detroit though, much bigger media coverage and spectator traffic.

SWinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler JK
Don checking in! Not new here but new to this thread :) Original owner of my 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. It's been a trusty daily driver for me but I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest so the JLU may be in my future. Maybe not the first model year so I can avoid teething issues, so maybe a 2019 model for me.
Sponsored