Sponsored

Metal Cloak Front Axle Disconnect Skid Plate Interference with Hard Rock LCA Skid Plate

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
This is a follow up to a similar post in "what did you do to your gladiator". I just finished installing the Metal Cloak Front Axle Disconnect skid plate and I ran into an issue. I had an interference fit with the Rock Hard front Lower Control Arm skid plate that I had previously installed. I was asked to provide a picture. I had to remove the LCA skid plate and trimmed it and the FAD skid. I trimmed about 3/8" from the edge off of the Rock Hard LCA skid plate. I then trimmed the Metal Cloak FAD skid plate on a radius so the LCA bolt would not hit that skid plate. I considered flipping the LCA bolt around but it is too long and hits the FAD. What a pain, but got it to fit and repainted everything. It just took a lot longer than I anticipated. Tomorrow I'll install the stabilizer relocation kit from Metal Cloak.

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak Front Axle Disconnect Skid Plate Interference with Hard Rock LCA Skid Plate Skid Plates
Sponsored

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I guess I was lucky to have bought the Rock Hard FAD skid, that must have been a kink in your time spent!

OP
OP
AJ-MJ

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I guess I was lucky to have bought the Rock Hard FAD skid, that must have been a kink in your time spent!
WOW, GREAT POINT! I just looked at the Rock Hard FAD. Boy do I wish I had gone that route! I really like the Metal Cloak design but I really like the fit of the Rock Hard FAD... "If I only knew then what I know now" :) GREAT SOLUTION!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
My artec fad interfered with my rock hard Lca’s skids… but that all got fixed from my installer.
Sponsored