d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Has anybody driven with both lifts?

I notice they are about the same price, but Clayton doesn't include the shocks.

Is there a reason one is so much more than the other?
Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Cant speak to the Clayton lift, but I put the Metalcloak True Dual Rate kit with Rocksport shocks on last week. The ride is absolutely amazing....

OP
OP

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
From all the reading I have done, it seems these are the two best kits out there, I just dont understand why for the same price, one has shocks, the other doesnt?

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Actually you can get the MC in a no shock configuration too. This allows you to choose the shocks for your choice in lift.

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For price comparisons alone, our Overland Plus kit would be more comparable price wise to our competitors lifts without shocks. The Premium kit uses Currie Johnny Joints on one end of the control arms which is what brings the price of that particular kit up. The Overland Plus series kit uses Giiro bushings on both ends of the control arms which are not only more comparable in price to competing lifts, but also are made with similar materials. Our kits are all Made-In-The-USA, (mainly right in house!), come with a lifetime warranty against bending or breaking, and are designed to outlast and out-perform competitors on road and off! Affirm financing is also available on our site for anybody looking to finance!

OP
OP

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Right, but thats the same price as the MC 3.5 Game Changer with shocks

For price comparisons alone, our Overland Plus kit would be more comparable price wise to our competitors lifts without shocks. The Premium kit uses Currie Johnny Joints on one end of the control arms which is what brings the price of that particular kit up. The Overland Plus series kit uses Giiro bushings on both ends of the control arms which are not only more comparable in price to competing lifts, but also are made with similar materials. Our kits are all Made-In-The-USA, (mainly right in house!), come with a lifetime warranty against bending or breaking, and are designed to outlast and out-perform competitors on road and off! Affirm financing is also available on our site for anybody looking to finance!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I can't really get too much into what might make our kit more expensive than any competitors, but like I said before with our kit you're getting a completely Made-In-The-USA product backed by a lifetime warranty and superior performance! We know our competitors make some great products as well, and at the end of the day its the consumers decision to decide which product fits their needs best! We do offer forum discounts as well by the way! By no means do I want this to come across like we are talking badly about any brand or their products. We have always been priced slightly higher than others as we have always desired to design and fabricate the absolute best of the best by only using materials that are the best of the best and we have always had success with our customers doing it that way :) There's no wrong way to go as long as you've done your research and you know what will fit your needs best!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I can't really get too much into what might make our kit more expensive than any competitors, but like I said before with our kit you're getting a completely Made-In-The-USA product backed by a lifetime warranty and superior performance! We know our competitors make some great products as well, and at the end of the day its the consumers decision to decide which product fits their needs best! We do offer forum discounts as well by the way! By no means do I want this to come across like we are talking badly about any brand or their products. We have always been priced slightly higher than others as we have always desired to design and fabricate the absolute best of the best by only using materials that are the best of the best and we have always had success with our customers doing it that way :) There's no wrong way to go as long as you've done your research and you know what will fit your needs best!
I am having a hard time deciding on the joints. Enforcer or Overland. The JT needs as much articulation as it can get off-road.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I am having a hard time deciding on the joints. Enforcer or Overland. The JT needs as much articulation as it can get off-road.
We have two options in terms of joints. The Premium kit comes with Johnny Joints on one side of the control arms which do provide a little bit more flex and misalignment, while our Overland kit uses Giiro joints on both ends of the control arms that still provide a great amount of flex off-road, while also helping to isolate road noise and vibration on road. You really can't go wrong with either kit, as they both perform great both on and off road. Also, when it comes to short arm lift kits, shocks are your biggest limiting factor in terms of flex anyway, so as long as you pair these kits with a nice set of shocks you'll be good to go either way!

I'll include a picture one of our customers recently sent to us using our 3.5" Overland Plus Kit that uses the Giiro bushings, it really shows off the flex these kits are capable of!

Jeep Gladiator Metal Cloak vs. Clayton IMG_4851

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
@Clayton Off Road doesn’t want to put down their competitors, that’s a class act right there.

Clayton is actually a bit more expensive apples to apples. I have a spreadsheet in another thread with both listed with the same Fox shocks.

Ultimately however Clayton is using bigger stronger arms. If I remember right it’s 1.5” round 3/16th think material on the mc lowers and Clayton was 2” square 1/4” think lowers.. that’s a lot of extra material and strength.

Personally I ordered the Clayton.

jeep671

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon COD MW3
I love this forum. I purchased my Gobi Gladiator Rubicon over a month ago. I'm waiting for my new wheels to arrive. I have been researching what liftkit and been sitting on the fence between Clayton and MetalCloak. The information provided by everyone here has been valuable.

Quite frankly, I'm leaning toward Clayton Overland 3.5" Lift. I'm planning on putting 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro MTRs. Do I need to change the Front and Rear Driveshafts? I'm wondering if I can use the stock driveshafts for the time being and purchasing the Adam 1350 driveshafts at a later time?

Any advise or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have a new as of yet unreleased version of the kit from Clayton going on this week, dropping truck off tomorrow. Will be doing a lot of documenting and photos.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I love this forum. I purchased my Gobi Gladiator Rubicon over a month ago. I'm waiting for my new wheels to arrive. I have been researching what liftkit and been sitting on the fence between Clayton and MetalCloak. The information provided by everyone here has been valuable.

Quite frankly, I'm leaning toward Clayton Overland 3.5" Lift. I'm planning on putting 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro MTRs. Do I need to change the Front and Rear Driveshafts? I'm wondering if I can use the stock driveshafts for the time being and purchasing the Adam 1350 driveshafts at a later time?

Any advise or input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day.
For everyday normal driving, you don't have to worry about replacing driveshafts right away. With a 3.5" kit, if you plan on doing any wheeling, we highly recommend replacing the front driveshaft, with a 2.5" kit you can wheel it a little longer without changing out the factory unit. The rear driveshaft you might never need to change as long as you're happy with how the truck drives after the lift is installed, and you can always make adjustments to the angle of the rear driveshaft by adjusting and playing around with the pinion angle. Hope that helps!

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a new as of yet unreleased version of the kit from Clayton going on this week, dropping truck off tomorrow. Will be doing a lot of documenting and photos.
:rock:
Sponsored