Sponsored

Metalcloak Gamechanger vs RockKrawler ProX

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Buying a suspension today. I really like the idea of the 4 link rear on the Pro X, but this is also my Daily Driver. MetalCloak's seems to be the set it & forget it option. Either way I am probably going with Fox shocks & with install by a local shop for MC or 4wp for the RK set the price difference all said & done is less then 400 bucks.

So what's everyone's opinions on these as a daily driver for both ride & maintenance.
Sponsored

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the pro x on my rear and love it. there is no maintenance needed other than occasionally greasing. It improves the ride quality greatly over rough terrain. It helps keep the whipping to the sides to a minimum when you hit a rock or bump in the road. I really like mine. Just make sure you either weld it on or have a qualified welder do it for you. The way they designed the "U" bolts to go in the slot on the bracket is a bad design. I am a mechanical engineer/and a welder so i didn't trust their u bolt mount. I welded mine to make sure it is on there for good. I have a bastard kit on my truck. I picked the best designed and priced parts from different manufacturers. The rear is all Krawler and the front is all Icon. Rear springs are stock with a spacer and the front springs are Icon 2.5". I am waiting for Krawler to release their 4-1/2" lift 3 rate front and 4 rate rear springs to finish off my kit with King shocks. They are set to be released in sept. I hope. I hope this helps.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Oh by the way. My Rubi JT is my daily driver too.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Both kits are so hugely overpriced it was hard to stomach when I was shopping around. I went with JKS lift and absolutely pleased with it. Fox shocks included for $1300 ish from Northridge4x4. Although, I added RK front control arms too, as I don't like castor tabs. Obviously not answering the question at hand, but there you have it. Something to consider. Having to choose between the two and money being no object, RK would get my vote.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Both kits are so hugely overpriced it was hard to stomach when I was shopping around. I went with JKS lift and absolutely pleased with it. Fox shocks included for $1300 ish from Northridge4x4. Although, I added RK front control arms too, as I don't like castor tabs. Obviously not answering the question at hand, but there you have it. Something to consider. Having to choose between the two and money being no object, RK would get my vote.
I have a fairly large spreadsheet with a breakdown of everything & when all is said & done the JKS doesnt end up any cheaper if you want it complete. The problem with is is that it is simply missing almost everything. I want to do it once & be done. So will have all the control arms & both track bars if applicable all at once. JKS doesnt even make all that & subbing in the cheapest control arms (clayton) the JKS is in the same price range as the others.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well 4wp made my descision for me... They pissed me off. Had stuff that was supposed to be there today. Was Mopar TPMS sensors with a quantity of 5. Didnt get the call about them at all. Called them & then they only had 4. Was told next week. Cancelled it & made it clear to the guy I was working with about the lift that I was annoyed & not going to spend any more money there. Then low & behold got a call saying they could get them all today. Said no thanks. Went to the local ma & pa type shop & really liked the tech & what they had to say. So going with the MetalCloak Gamechanger & most likely going with Fox shocks with it. Gotta wait till monday when the owner is back to order.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
I have a fairly large spreadsheet with a breakdown of everything & when all is said & done the JKS doesnt end up any cheaper if you want it complete. The problem with is is that it is simply missing almost everything. I want to do it once & be done. So will have all the control arms & both track bars if applicable all at once. JKS doesnt even make all that & subbing in the cheapest control arms (clayton) the JKS is in the same price range as the others.
From Northridge I had the lift and fox shocks for $1370. Added in RK control arms for $270? I think? In any event, I recall the RK lift being $1700 without shocks. I specced the one I wanted at $2300. I think the lift should have a rear track bar bracket, but JKS disagreed based on their internal testing of measurements. In any event, I'm super happy with mine currently. Hopefully you're happy too!

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From Northridge I had the lift and fox shocks for $1370. Added in RK control arms for $270? I think? In any event, I recall the RK lift being $1700 without shocks. I specced the one I wanted at $2300. I think the lift should have a rear track bar bracket, but JKS disagreed based on their internal testing of measurements. In any event, I'm super happy with mine currently. Hopefully you're happy too!
Yeah I went a different route all together. I have the Clayton 2.5" overland kit on the way.

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I just installed the ProX and all I can say is it’s the ONLY lift to buy. Aside from the quality, the triangulated 4 link in the rear is a game changer. Completely transforms the truck. It’s exponentially better on the road than with a track bar in the rear. Unless another reputable company makes a similar setup I wouldn’t even consider anything else.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I just installed the ProX and all I can say is it’s the ONLY lift to buy. Aside from the quality, the triangulated 4 link in the rear is a game changer. Completely transforms the truck. It’s exponentially better on the road than with a track bar in the rear. Unless another reputable company makes a similar setup I wouldn’t even consider anything else.
I see why you say this about the RK but IMO the Gamechanger is the only lift to go with. They have the perfect joints in the business for ride and capabilities. It’s been proven time after time in all types of rti/cti ramps that they give the most flex in the mid arm market. Again... this my opinion just as much as you have yours.

Sponsored

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I see why you say this about the RK but IMO the Gamechanger is the only lift to go with. They have the perfect joints in the business for ride and capabilities. It’s been proven time after time in all types of rti/cti ramps that they give the most flex in the mid arm market. Again... this my opinion just as much as you have yours.
I thought the RK joints might be rough but not at all. My old race cars with poly bushings were way more harsh. Honestly, you would never know. It’s more comfortable than the stock Rubicon suspension, especially on rough roads.

But that’s why there is vanilla and chocolate. MC makes good lifts for sure, I’d like to drive one with the gamechanger.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I thought the RK joints might be rough but not at all. My old race cars with poly bushings were way more harsh. Honestly, you would never know. It’s more comfortable than the stock Rubicon suspension, especially on rough roads.

But that’s why there is vanilla and chocolate. MC makes good lifts for sure, I’d like to drive one with the gamechanger.
I’d like to drive one with the proX too
Sponsored