Method Wheels MR313 or MR703?

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I’m trying to decide between the 17” x 8.5” method MR313 and the MR703 black wheels. I do light 4x4 on weekends, but mostly street.
Jeep Gladiator Method Wheels MR313 or MR703? 1609971985682

MR313
Pros:
Light weight 23.5 lbs
+25 offset
2650 load rating
Cons:
Not my favorite design
Price is high

Jeep Gladiator Method Wheels MR313 or MR703? 1609972050848
MR703:
Pros:
Design is awesome
+25 offset
Bead Grip Technology
Price is reasonable
2650 load rating
Cons:
Method logo in triplicate
Weight 30.4lbs
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I also considered both the 313 and the 703 in black for my final two candidates. The 703 is one of their newest released bead grip technology wheel, so, not too many people have it. I contacted Method to get their view and the guy there convinced me that I will love the bead grip technology in the 703 and I really should get a wheel with the bead grip technology. He told me some incredible stories of real cases where they were doing crazy stuff with 6 to 8 lbs of air in the tires with bead grip wheels. You can tell that both he and Method are really excited about this technology. I decided that I really wanted to try running 9 lbs of air in a 37 and not worry about it. So, I ordered the 703 in black with bead grip in zero offset for my JTR - weight is 27.6 lbs for the 703 vs 23.8 lbs for the rotary formed zero offset 313.
Note the 702 is bead grip and looks like the 313 and comes in at 30.1 lbs with zero offset.
I am pairing it with Goodyear Kevlar MTRs in 37" and look forward to seeing what this tire can do at 8 to 9 lbs of air with the Method Bead Grip.

PS. When I pressed the guy at Method about wheel weight accuracy, he told me that the weights listed on their website are exact, to the 10th. no plus or minus.

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
I went 313 cause I don't want to add a bunch of unneeded rotating mass. For most of my life I wheeled on non-beadlocks below 10psi without a single bead separation. I also dont plan on pounding this JT like I have my YJ........

OP
OP

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Got a response from Method on the 703 weight increase with the +25 offset.

“We use different molds between the +00 and +25. The +25 is also shared with the +35 application so the back of the wheel has about 10mm more material then the +00. The spokes of the +25 are also a little thicker to help with the higher bending load due to the higher offset.”

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I went 313 cause I don't want to add a bunch of unneeded rotating mass. For most of my life I wheeled on non-beadlocks below 10psi without a single bead separation. I also dont plan on pounding this JT like I have my YJ........
Yea, it was a tough decision... I really like the 313. I always wanted to try beadlocks but, I did not want the issues that come with them, so, I took the plunge with the 703. The guy at Method told me that they were running 6 psi at high speed with a bead grip rim in the desert and the vehicle hit a huge hidden tree root that was really jarring. Upon stopping and checking the wheel they found the bead in tact, but, they were at 4 psi instead of 6 psi. Evidently, the huge hit was only enough to burp the tire, but, not unseat the bead grip.

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yea, it was a tough decision... I really like the 313. I always wanted to try beadlocks but, I did not want the issues that come with them, so, I took the plunge with the 703. The guy at Method told me that they were running 6 psi at high speed with a bead grip rim in the desert and the vehicle hit a huge hidden tree root that was really jarring. Upon stopping and checking the wheel they found the bead in tact, but, they were at 4 psi instead of 6 psi. Evidently, the huge hit was only enough to burp the tire, but, not unseat the bead grip.
Ya, people around here want to run beadlocks on the street, but not many shops will touch them and they dont like my price quotes.

Lot of dough to crawl malls trolling for high skool girls!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Here is what I found from a Quadratec Video regarding the advantages of Bead Grip and the testing that Method has done.

Jeep Gladiator Method Wheels MR313 or MR703? 1610117296616

Jeep Gladiator Method Wheels MR313 or MR703? 1610117370331

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
I would go with the 313. I went back and forth between these and ended up with the matte black 308s since I wanted to stay close to factory wheel weight and I liked the look. Unless you are running sub 10psi off road a lot I would not worry about bead issues.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would go with the 313. I went back and forth between these and ended up with the matte black 308s since I wanted to stay close to factory wheel weight and I liked the look. Unless you are running sub 10psi off road a lot I would not worry about bead issues.
The 308 Roost is really cool looking. That was number 1 on my list for a long time... Then, I convinced myself on the 313 because of the weight, then, I finally ended up with the 703 because of the bead grip and the lightest weight of with zero offset. lol...

Last edited:

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
My vote would be the 703's. I prefer the more "stout" spokes both for looks and functionally.

Sponsored

relayer4u

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
SCG
If you are looking at the Method 313 +25 wheels TireRack.com has them on clearance sale right now for a crazy awesome price of $196.xx! Just picked up a black set for my Mojave!

Last edited:

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you are looking at the Method 313 +25 wheels TireRack.com has them on clearance sale right now for a crazy awesome price of $196.xx! Just picked up a black set for my Mojave!
Thats a steal! Way below my wholesale cost.......too bad they aren't deep discounting the +0

OP
OP

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Just bought a set! Thanks for letting the forum know about the discount!

tumbes2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Did you get five wheels or just four and kept the factory spare?