First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
Edit 8/1: Added Pricing #14. Updated response #13, #6, #2.
Edit 8/2: added pricing #10
Edit 8/3: added #15, #16. added pricing #8

Edit 8/5: Added #17-#27. added pricing #15, #19, #22, #28, #16, #21. updated responses #17, #20, #21. Non-competitive pricing is now colored red. @ or below invoice pricing will be colored green.
Edit 8/6: adjusted pricing #8
Edit 8/7: added pricing #27. Updated #24.
Edit 8/9: updated response #12, #1

Edit 8/12: added pricing #5

It was suggested I make my own post on this instead of hiding the information in a reply to another post so here goes.

Been lurking for a month or so and searched these forums up and down for competitive Michigan pricing information. There’s some vague references out there but nothing concrete so I’m doing the legwork. Hopefully the end result will be a hookup for us with a good dealer in Michigan / N. Indiana / N. Illinois ... or god forbid ... Ohio.

I'm waiting on Gobi so I have the time to check around locally before I place an order with one of the out of state dealers for the 5% below invoice pricing. I'm fishing around with emails to start. Sometimes I mention I have 5% out of state and sometimes I don't. Anyways, most of these guys are located in SE Michigan.

I'll continue to update as information comes in. If you post your deal I will follow up with that dealership and update the list according to what they quote me. Sorry for the amateur formatting ...

DEALER / CITY / DATE LAST COMMUNICATION / RESPONSES
  1. Golling / Bloomfield Hills / 8.7 / "Contact me closer to order time" - Francis
  2. Orchard / Washington / 8.1 / sent build sheet
  3. Rochester Hills / Rochester HIlls / 7.31 / "we have the gladiator you want in stock" :CWL: / went in person for fun "what they are doing out of state has to be illegal and FCA is going to come after you." :CWL::LOL:
  4. Milochis / Lake Orion / 7.30 / no response
  5. Al Deeby / Clarkston / 8.12 / "MSRP Only"
  6. Szott / White Lake / 8.1 / sent build sheet
  7. Parkway / Clinton Twp / 7.30 / "can sell @ invoice," - Rachel
  8. Sterling Hts / Sterling Hts / 8.5 / "$1000 below invoice"
  9. Subruban / Troy / 7.30 / no response
  10. Jim Rheils / Warren / 8.2 / “i do @ invoice to help people out” - Mike
  11. Village / Royal Oak / 7.30 / "5% below invoice is employee pricing and employee pricing cannot be available on Gladiators" :computerrage:
  12. Southfield / Southfield / 8.9 / "I'd have to ask my general manager." - Sales Manager
  13. Shuman / Walled Lake / 8.1 / sent build sheet
  14. Lafontaine / Clinton / 8.1 / “we’ve sold a handful and all at sticker. You should take the out of state deal.” - Darius
  15. Lafontaine / Saline / 8.5 / not bothering with this one, same internet salesperson as Clinton
  16. Williams Brothers / Dundee / 8.5 / "MSRP" - Scott
  17. Suburban / Farmington Hills / 8.5 / "we have the Gladiator Sta Wgn you want!" :puke:
  18. Northland / Oak Park / 8.5 / sent build
  19. Galeanas / Warren / 8.5 / "not a jeep dealer" :facepalm: ooops
  20. Bill Snethkamp / Highland Park / 8.5 / sent build
  21. Rae Laethern / Detroit / 8.5 / "Invoice + $1000" - Wes
  22. Livonia / Livonia / 8.5 / "$1000 below invoice, $220 doc fee" - Ron
  23. Fox Hills/ Plymouth / 8.5 / no response
  24. Dick Scott / Plymouth / 8.5 / waste of space
  25. Westboro / Dearborn / 8.5 / no response
  26. Telegraph / Taylor / 8.5 / no response
  27. Suburban / Garden City / 8.5 / "3% below invoice, $220 doc fee, $250 deposit." - Dan
  28. Cronin / Lebanon, OH / 8.5 / "@ invoice" - Robert
Sponsored

Last edited:

rigger 17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I had contact with most of the dealer you mentioned above a few weeks ago and got my best deal at Sterling Jeep . Got confirmation that my ordered gladiator sport has now been built and waiting to be shipped now .(Two week period) .No FCA friends and family or employee discount allowed but my purchasing price ended up somewhere in between those two .

mhunnesh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (past)
I tried the below and they couldn't match the 5% below invoice I got from Tri-City.

Tyler in Niles, MI
Sorg in Goshen, IN
Michiana in Mishawaka, IN
La Porte in La Porte, IN
Bosak in Merrillville, IN

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I tried the below and they couldn't match the 5% below invoice I got from Tri-City.

Tyler in Niles, MI
Sorg in Goshen, IN
Michiana in Mishawaka, IN
La Porte in La Porte, IN
Bosak in Merrillville, IN
La fountain in saleen came close to 5% and williams brothers in dundee MIchigan

Sponsored

mhunnesh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (past)
La fountain in saleen came close to 5% and williams brothers in dundee MIchigan
Good to know. I was eventually fed up with the dealers closest to me and really liked the reviews of the buying experience from Travis at Tri-City, so I went that route. A far drive, but I'll be taking a few business trips to Charlotte this Fall anyway. Will be a nice drive back.

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
Great information guys, keep it coming! The more specific the better and i’ll add it to the list.

Waiting on final pricing from 9 of the original 14. Some havent responded to initial inquiry. I will try to continue editing my original post as responses come in.

Will probably expand the list this weekend.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Dealers are in business because they make money...I definitely understand trying to get the best deal possible, but until FCA starts to honor affiliate and employee pricing, invoice isn’t bad. You laughed at the dealer that said 5% was EP and EP isn’t available for the Gladiator, but what they said is TRUE...for now. A dealer selling at Invoice makes LESS than a dealer selling to someone with Employee pricing.

Assuming that your truck has an invoice pice of $50k, that 5% amounts to $2500, plus tax. That $ will almost assuredly pay for a couple airline tickets, hotel rooms, gas, food, and entertainment between NC and MI. Is your time worth anything? What’s the margin of savings after all that comes into play?

I ordered my JTR in April...got to test drive it on Wednesday and will be waiting for EP and Gobi, letting him sell the Jeep I first ordered. LaPorte Jeep will get my sale. He made a fantastic offer on my trade-in (about $3000 over base KBB trade in value)...

KP2181

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I’ve tried two so far. One is on the list above and they came in at 2.5% below invoice. Another one not on the list Cueter in Ypsi said they won’t go lower than 1.5% cause at 3% the dealer is losing money.

I’m happy with 2.5 but 5 would be awesome!

Waiting on Gobi here myself!

Also did any dealer ask to see the 5% below email from out of state? Cueter wanted proof that another dealer quoted me 2.5 below as it might help with talking to their GM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
Dealers are in business because they make money...I definitely understand trying to get the best deal possible, but until FCA starts to honor affiliate and employee pricing, invoice isn’t bad. You laughed at the dealer that said 5% was EP and EP isn’t available for the Gladiator, but what they said is TRUE...for now. A dealer selling at Invoice makes LESS than a dealer selling to someone with Employee pricing.

Assuming that your truck has an invoice pice of $50k, that 5% amounts to $2500, plus tax. That $ will almost assuredly pay for a couple airline tickets, hotel rooms, gas, food, and entertainment between NC and MI. Is your time worth anything? What’s the margin of savings after all that comes into play?

I ordered my JTR in April...got to test drive it on Wednesday and will be waiting for EP and Gobi, letting him sell the Jeep I first ordered. LaPorte Jeep will get my sale. He made a fantastic offer on my trade-in (about $3000 over base KBB trade in value)...
It sounds like you found the deal that’s right for you and that’s awesome! I can’t wait to see the pictures!:fist bump:

Now to clarify I’m laughing at these dealers because a google search would direct anyone to these forums. Plane ride and a drive home later and their justification for msrp pricing is laughable.

Forgive me if my heart isn’t bleeding for these local dealers. I don’t care about them or how well they’re doing the same way they don’t care about me or how well I’m doing. It’s just business and I’m ok with that.

So about traveling for 5%... I’m estimating 2% loss due to travel costs give or take 0.5%. It’s not a vacation. It’s a task that I’m getting paid 3% for. Well worth it to me but maybe not everyone.

In the end if I can get 3% below without the travel I’d take it in a second. It gets harder to decide at 2% below.

Until I find a deal or Gobi release (whichever comes first), I shall continue documenting my experiences. Maybe it helps someone in the future when they decide to do a google search at the dealership.:CWL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
I’ve tried two so far. One is on the list above and they came in at 2.5% below invoice. Another one not on the list Cueter in Ypsi said they won’t go lower than 1.5% cause at 3% the dealer is losing money.

I’m happy with 2.5 but 5 would be awesome!

Waiting on Gobi here myself!

Also did any dealer ask to see the 5% below email from out of state? Cueter wanted proof that another dealer quoted me 2.5 below as it might help with talking to their GM.
No one has flat out asked to see the quote. There’s a few pictures floating around on this forum though. There’s also the sponsor pages spelling out their pricing. Last resort would be to contact one of the dealers to quote your build, I’m sure they’d do it for a potential sale.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
It sounds like you found the deal that’s right for you and that’s awesome! I can’t wait to see the pictures!:fist bump:

Now to clarify I’m laughing at these dealers because a google search would direct anyone to these forums. Plane ride and a drive home later and their justification for msrp pricing is laughable.

Forgive me if my heart isn’t bleeding for these local dealers. I don’t care about them or how well they’re doing the same way they don’t care about me or how well I’m doing. It’s just business and I’m ok with that.

So about traveling for 5%... I’m estimating 2% loss due to travel costs give or take 0.5%. It’s not a vacation. It’s a task that I’m getting paid 3% for. Well worth it to me but maybe not everyone.

In the end if I can get 3% below without the travel I’d take it in a second. It gets harder to decide at 2% below.

Until I find a deal or Gobi release (whichever comes first), I shall continue documenting my experiences. Maybe it helps someone in the future when they decide to do a google search at the dealership.:CWL:

I just recently retired..and live relatively close to Tri City.

Maybe I can get a job delivering Gladiators to out of state buyers for $500 plus costs....
Just a thought !

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'd also try Dan at Garden city suburban jeep he matched at 3% i haven't asked him to match 5% yet

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
Cronin CDJR in Lebanon, OH did 4% under invoice on my order. I couldn’t find anyone in 300 miles (Cincinnati/Dayton area) come as close to Travis. 1% is moot if they are in my backyard and not having to travel to get.

OP
OP
sauc3y

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Banana Management
I'd also try Dan at Garden city suburban jeep he matched at 3% i haven't asked him to match 5% yet
THIS! No really...THIS IS WHY I'M DOING THE WORK! Calling this Dapper Dan today. Thanks for the lead!

Cronin CDJR in Lebanon, OH did 4% under invoice on my order. I couldn’t find anyone in 300 miles (Cincinnati/Dayton area) come as close to Travis. 1% is moot if they are in my backyard and not having to travel to get.
Nate, you are an angel! Lebanon, OH is less than half the distance to Travis from me. Thank you!

Keep it coming everyone!
Sponsored