Miller3

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Dodge Charger
Hello,

I am currently shopping for a Jeep Gladiator and noticed that as of today the rebate has switched from 2000 dollars off select models to Employee Pricing on select models (still not on Rubicon or Mojave).

I thought you all would like to know that if you are in the market for one as well.

Thank you,
Miller

Article: https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-ar...mployee-pricing-0-apr-on-wranglers-gladiators

Jeep Offering Employee Pricing, 0% APR On Wranglers & Gladiators

This morning, Jeep introduced an Employee Pricing deal for the first time on two of its most popular vehicles, the 2020 Wrangler and Gladiator. This comes as an alternative to 0% APR financing announced earlier this month. However, our analysis finds that there are some important things worth knowing about.

First, FCA Employee Pricing equates to 5% less than the dealer's invoice plus a $200 fee. The offer can reduce the price of a 4-door Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Edition from $38,645 to $35,296 before destination, a $3,349 discount. In the case of a Gladiator Overland Edition, the offer can result in nearly $3,500 in savings.

But is this really a good deal? That depends.

Just last month, Wranglers were eligible for Friends & Family Pricing equal to 1% less than the invoice price plus a $75 fee. From that standpoint, the latest offer is an improvement. No other Jeeps are eligible, which happens to basically be the opposite of what we found late last year with a similar offer for Black Friday.

While Jeep is now advertising over $5,000 off both vehicles, a closer look reveals the figure is based on the "average MSRP" of high-end trims based on survey data. Those looking to finance through Chrysler Capital will be eligible for no payments for 90 days as part of a broader move to help consumers amid COVID-19.

Having said all that, dealer discounts of up to $10,000 have become increasingly common on Wranglers. Although Employee Pricing is completely new for the Gladiator, the model has benefited from some extreme dealer discounting in recent months with up to $9,000 off MSRP in some parts of the country.

According to dealer incentive bulletins, there are a number of catches that could leave you disappointed if you aren't careful.

For example, Employee Pricing is available when buying but not when leasing. The offer also excludes range-topping Rubicon styles, as well as the new Gladiator Mojave Edition. Although Jeep is now offering 0% APR for 36 months on all versions of both models, it can't be combined with Employee Pricing.

So is now the time to buy?

While big discounts aren't unusual for either vehicle, we've never seen 0% APR before this month on both models. However, a 36-month term makes for a lackluster option compared to offers on other FCA models like 0% APR for 84 months. Those looking to lease, or buy a Rubicon, will likely see no advantage in April.

Offers end April 30.
Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
to me that seems worse than the 2k bonus cash. Cause now they just deduct a certain amount off of MSRP sticker.

Before you were getting percentage off and then 2k bonus cash on top of whatever you negotiated.

Am I wrong?

OP
OP

Miller3

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Dodge Charger
When I talked to my dealer today, he was able to take a further 700 dollars off the vehicle today vs yesterday. This is a decently loaded Sport S. But with a true Friends and Family discount code I am now 10% below list price. Best I have seen in Michigan.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
62' Willys Pick-Up 61'CJ5 07'JK
I have been in discussion with several dealers today, about this. There is some benefit. Approx. $1500 or so better. The downside is, is that nobody wants to sell me a truck. Any number below 5% invoice, the dealers won't even talk to me. Just saw your Post Miller3. Who are you talking too? I've run into hard brick walls all day.

OP
OP

Miller3

First Name
Miller
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Dodge Charger
I have been in discussion with several dealers today, about this. There is some benefit. Approx. $1500 or so better. The downside is, is that nobody wants to sell me a truck. Any number below 5% invoice, the dealers won't even talk to me. Just saw your Post Miller3. Who are you talking too? I've run into hard brick walls all day.
Thunder Bay Chrysler in Alpena, Michigan.

However Note: I had true Friends and Family Discount from a FCA employee, number in hand, that helped with this.

But they are good guys, straight shooters, they arn't the fake to your face kind of guys, they tell it like it is. But i have good experience with them.

Thank you,
Adam

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
What's Travis at tri city up to? I thought he was way below these prices during the heydey times? I would hope they discount majorly to keep it all moving

The J-Man

First Name
Jman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW X5
Tell me about it - I've tried tons of dealers and they won't budge more than about $3K off a Rubicon, AND they try to layer on obscene financing markups. I don't think dealers have adjusted to the new reality they are facing just yet even though they appear to be selling no cars whatsoever. One guy told me "We have to make more money on each deal now because sales are down and the economy is uncertain." I told him "well, the economy is uncertain so I can't really buy this car without a 15% discount from MSRP." I'm going to put my search on hold for now until more desperation sets in. Once the factories open up, cars will start piling up fast.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I was given 6 percent off invoice and the $2000 off. Looks like employee pricing is about 4.5 percent under invoice.

I ordered mine back in January when times were still good. I would think there will be massive discounts on the lot models soon.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
The downside is, is that nobody wants to sell me a truck. Any number below 5% invoice, the dealers won't even talk to me.
I experienced the same thing back in February. But, I got 8.5% below dealer invoice, then another $2000 off of that on Feb 20th at Koons in Virginia. I'm not sure what Craig Benner is currently offering, but he will shoot straight with you. To me, the trip was worth it ... flew out to pick it up just before the Stay Home order in MI. I posted details of my trip here.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Why not offer on Rubicons and Mojave ? Sure I know the Mojave is new but it you want to sell Jeeps when people aren't buying, you need to compromise. Besides was at the local dealer today, had 30+ JTs, all of the Rubicons priced near 60K. Salesman said they can't sell Rubicons, everyone wants to buy the cheaper models. If that's true, you'd think that Jeep would want to get them moving.

Sponsored

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
I’m in Canada but I thought this was pretty cheap for an
Jeep Gladiator Mid April Incentive Update - Employee Pricing for all Gladiators F96367EF-D128-4DA1-B7C5-65E255258E8B
Jeep Gladiator Mid April Incentive Update - Employee Pricing for all Gladiators F96367EF-D128-4DA1-B7C5-65E255258E8B
LE.. I think it works out to be a out 45000$ usd

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Why not offer on Rubicons and Mojave ? Sure I know the Mojave is new but it you want to sell Jeeps when people aren't buying, you need to compromise. Besides was at the local dealer today, had 30+ JTs, all of the Rubicons priced near 60K. Salesman said they can't sell Rubicons, everyone wants to buy the cheaper models. If that's true, you'd think that Jeep would want to get them moving.
Every dealer I have talked to (and I have dealer friends) have said they can’t keep rubicons on the lot. The JT is for Jeep fanboys (and fangrils... you have to be politically correct these days) and all the fangendernutrals wanted the rubicons.
For the JL they are selling the majority sports and Sahara’s while the factory had been pumping out more rubicons. For Jeep the margin is much worse on the rubicon so it’s messing up their planed mix and profitability. We can expect a price increase for 2021 MY trucks to account for this across the board.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
For Jeep the margin is much worse on the rubicon so it’s messing up their planed mix and profitability. We can expect a price increase for 2021 MY trucks to account for this across the board.
I'm curious where you got this information. I would wager the Rubicon is the one they have highest profit on.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I experienced the same thing back in February. But, I got 8.5% below dealer invoice, then another $2000 off of that on Feb 20th at Koons in Virginia. I'm not sure what Craig Benner is currently offering, but he will shoot straight with you. To me, the trip was worth it ... flew out to pick it up just before the Stay Home order in MI. I posted details of my trip here.
They are dealing like mad on Gladiators in DC metro. I picked mine up at $8k off sticker in late February which was about 13% off invoice. Hell I walked out the door at like 6% below invoice.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I'm curious where you got this information. I would wager the Rubicon is the one they have highest profit on.
Lots of one-off components that don't apply to the other Jeeps in the lineup so I know this (the first statement) was true for the JL(U)R. I'm sure it applies less now that the JT has the same axles under it and the JTR is 80% the same vehicle.
Sponsored