Miles Remaining Calculation?

wesley8808

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So, when I have been following the Miles Until Empty, it seems that the calculation is a bit off. I know you should not use that as a gauge, but I am finding that when I run the tank down to 20-25 mile to go till empty, the JT is only taking 18-19 gallons of gas. I would expect something more like 20-21 gallons at that rate.

Anyone else noticing this as well? Should I pull a Kramer and see how far I can go?
Sponsored

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I am noticing something similar...I will get to about 40 miles left, and every time I fill up it's between 17-18 gallons. Like you I was expecting more to the tune of 20 gallons. I even went and re-verified what the gas tank capacity was just to double check.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Another great post! when I hit "0" miles remaining I typically have 5 gallons left in my tank, which is great to know. My favorite thing is getting "Lost " in the woods. Best place ever to get lost., just say'n.

I also carry a 5 gallon metal Jerry Can mounted in the bed. It siphons right into the tank without having to be removed. I love this truck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
wesley8808

wesley8808

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am noticing something similar...I will get to about 40 miles left, and every time I fill up it's between 17-18 gallons. Like you I was expecting more to the tune of 20 gallons. I even went and re-verified what the gas tank capacity was just to double check.
I re-verified that tank size too!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Another great post! when I hit "0" miles remaining I typically have 5 gallons left in my tank, which is great to know. My favorite thing is getting "Lost " in the woods. Best place ever to get lost., just say'n.

I also carry a 5 gallon metal Jerry Can mounted in the bed. I siphons right into the tank without having to be removed. I love this truck!
Me too!

Sponsored

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
Don't ha e my JT yet but my 2003 dodge ram is the same. When it hits 0 miles left I have 5 gallons in there. Read it in the manual.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Don't ha e my JT yet but my 2003 dodge ram is the same. When it hits 0 miles left I have 5 gallons in there. Read it in the manual.
Yup, my 2004 Durango was that way as well up until it died, forcing me to buy a Gladiator, bless the Durango's little heart.
Sponsored