Sponsored

Military Auto Source Overseas Order

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've just in the last day or so placed an order for a Gladiator via Military Auto Source. Essentially it's a service for overseas or deployed military to purchase vehicles and motorcycles. They just opened a booth where I'm currently residing.

Unfortunately there is no way around the destination charge $1,495 and US taxes. However, the service typically can get you below invoice in addition to factory incentives and cash up to 90 days after delivery. Plus I don't have to sit down with a finance officer and talk undercoating, ext warranties and all that nonsense. (something I will never do again)

The vendor where I'm at was tentatively promised 10 Gladiators initially for pre order. I just so happened to wander by and grab one of the 10 they were taking deposits on. So I ordered up a Sport S in Punk Orange and very few other options, however they were all available to select. There isn't much in the way of incentives or cash as this is a new model, however I'm avoiding any potential markups and delivery is set about the week I return stateside.

I'll update when I'm assigned a VIN all the way through delivery back in the states. Anyone else planning on using MAS for this or any other vehicle feel free to hit me up with any questions as I work through the process.
Sponsored

TacoNoC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner, 2009 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Prelude
When is your expected delivery?
I was told order banks open May 7th and deliver is October...October is a little to late for me.

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
When is your expected delivery?
I was told order banks open May 7th and deliver is October...October is a little to late for me.
I have the same date for order banks, but my paperwork states expected delivery of third week of Aug. Mind you, this is my MAS paperwork and not some firm date from the factory, but my sales guy said this date should be pretty close, within a week.

TacoNoC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner, 2009 Nissan Altima, 1993 Honda Prelude
I have the same date for order banks, but my paperwork states expected delivery of third week of Aug. Mind you, this is my MAS paperwork and not some firm date from the factory, but my sales guy said this date should be pretty close, within a week.
I need mine June 1!

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
*Just got email from MAS, this indicates my order is at least processed through them, next step should be verification from the factory. More to come, see below.*

Your new Gladiator Sport 4x4 is scheduled to be built soon!

BELOW IS THE SCHEDULED DESTINATION. PLEASE VERIFY THIS INFORMATION IS CORRECT.

Vehicle: 2020 JEEP Gladiator Sport 4x4
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Destination: MELBOURNE, FL 32901

Sponsored

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
Is anyone having issues with MAS not price matching? The quote MAS gave me was $8000 higher than some quotes I’ve gotten from US dealers. When I showed the quotes to MAS, they said they can’t price match because those quotes are subject to change.

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Is anyone having issues with MAS not price matching? The quote MAS gave me was $8000 higher than some quotes I’ve gotten from US dealers. When I showed the quotes to MAS, they said they can’t price match because those quotes are subject to change.
I have yet to take a quote from a stateside dealer to MAS and see what they would do. I'm planning on emailing my quote to my local Jeep dealer to see what they say. I've heard of folks getting them to match with some pestering, but that was some years back.

My MAS guy said they were only taking a limited amount of orders, but I'm not sure why since they were simply waiting for the order banks to open just like all the other dealers.

Right now, I'm comfortable having one ordered at MSRP and in the system. However, if below MSRP becomes common in the states and a reasonably better deal comes along, I would consider pulling my order and going with a local dealer. But I'm not messing with it for a few hundred bucks, I kinda like the idea that I can have this sucker paid for and shipped to a dealer, grab the keys and leave.

If you have legitimate quotes for $8,000 less than MAS, why are not pulling the trigger on those and messing with MAS?

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
I have yet to take a quote from a stateside dealer to MAS and see what they would do. I'm planning on emailing my quote to my local Jeep dealer to see what they say. I've heard of folks getting them to match with some pestering, but that was some years back.

My MAS guy said they were only taking a limited amount of orders, but I'm not sure why since they were simply waiting for the order banks to open just like all the other dealers.

Right now, I'm comfortable having one ordered at MSRP and in the system. However, if below MSRP becomes common in the states and a reasonably better deal comes along, I would consider pulling my order and going with a local dealer. But I'm not messing with it for a few hundred bucks, I kinda like the idea that I can have this sucker paid for and shipped to a dealer, grab the keys and leave.

If you have legitimate quotes for $8,000 less than MAS, why are not pulling the trigger on those and messing with MAS?
I still have a while OCONUS and MAS is typically easier to deal with. Also, the closest dealer I could find that would do 5% under is six hours from my HOR. I’d prefer to go with MAS and have it delivered to my hometown, but I’m willing to make the drive if I can’t get it worked out.

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I still have a while OCONUS and MAS is typically easier to deal with. Also, the closest dealer I could find that would do 5% under is six hours from my HOR. I’d prefer to go with MAS and have it delivered to my hometown, but I’m willing to make the drive if I can’t get it worked out.
Makes sense. You could also have it delivered closer to you for a few hundred I suppose.

At this point I don't forsee dealer markups going over well on sport models by summer time, So I'm not beholden to MAS if I can save a couple grand and get some options with the extra cash by going with a US dealer.

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So far I've had 3 decent quotes for my build which is msrp $53,510
- a local dealer in MA for FFP $50,118
- Travis in NC for 6% below invoice $47,515
- MAS for $51,519

I tried sending the quote from Travis to MAS, but the 6% below invoice is only in the email and not on the invoice sheet. She said the price would likely come down by the time of purchase once rebates and discounts are announced, but it's taking a risk and I'll likely travel down to NC because you can't beat that price

Sponsored

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So far I've had 3 decent quotes for my build which is msrp $53,510
- a local dealer in MA for FFP $50,118
- Travis in NC for 6% below invoice $47,515
- MAS for $51,519

I tried sending the quote from Travis to MAS, but the 6% below invoice is only in the email and not on the invoice sheet. She said the price would likely come down by the time of purchase once rebates and discounts are announced, but it's taking a risk and I'll likely travel down to NC because you can't beat that price
Whats your purchase timeline? Right now I'm looking at $750 in MAS discounts, nothing in the way of rebates or factory cash. Can any of this be expected on a 2020 model vehicle?

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
So mine shows the same $750 in discounts, except it's off of "MAS PMP", not invoice, which is barely less than msrp. I'm looking to have it mid July, so I'm not expecting any huge rebates by then

Brocephus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Harley Softail Deuce, red 2020 Rubicon Gladiator on order
This is going to be my first Jeep, I’m still learning a lot from these forums, so bear with me here.

I ordered a red Gladiator Rubicon through MAS a little over a month ago. Similar deal to what others described, $750 off the MAS PMP. So it’s not exactly a smoking hot deal. They told me delivery would be guaranteed by 03Sep.

Now, I get a call saying that the steel bumper and mopar snorkel are holding the order up. If I leave those items on, Jeep can’t give me a delivery date. I can delete those items and then we are back to 03Sep.

I’ll be stateside in the Fairfax VA area by mid July. Should I just cancel this order and buy one off the lot in Fairfax? I’d prefer to have the vehicle in July or early August anyway.

The snorkel thing irritates me- I didn’t want to have to pay someone to hack the hood up to install it. I wanted that done correctly at the factory. Does anyone have experience with snorkel installation?

I’m less irritated about the bumper, seems like there are plenty of decent aftermarket options on that front.

OP
OP
Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
This is going to be my first Jeep, I’m still learning a lot from these forums, so bear with me here.

I ordered a red Gladiator Rubicon through MAS a little over a month ago. Similar deal to what others described, $750 off the MAS PMP. So it’s not exactly a smoking hot deal. They told me delivery would be guaranteed by 03Sep.

Now, I get a call saying that the steel bumper and mopar snorkel are holding the order up. If I leave those items on, Jeep can’t give me a delivery date. I can delete those items and then we are back to 03Sep.

I’ll be stateside in the Fairfax VA area by mid July. Should I just cancel this order and buy one off the lot in Fairfax? I’d prefer to have the vehicle in July or early August anyway.

The snorkel thing irritates me- I didn’t want to have to pay someone to hack the hood up to install it. I wanted that done correctly at the factory. Does anyone have experience with snorkel installation?

I’m less irritated about the bumper, seems like there are plenty of decent aftermarket options on that front.

I will be home mid Aug and have a delivery date that is now into Oct for Sport S w/ manual trans, So I feel your pain.

I can offer no advise on the snorkel, but I'm in a similar boat as to the delivery date and using MAS here are my thoughts.

You can probably walk on to a lot in July and get a better deal on a Rubi than using MAS. But, I would not cancel my order, because as I understand you may be able to leverage MAS or Local dealer into better deal with a written offer in hand. You can always cancel your order after your home, claiming delivery date as the reason why. Also, FCA may push more incentives by July, doubtful, but certainly possible. Another forum member posted that MAS will price match local dealers only within 30 days of delivery.

I'm willing to be flexible on color, but the transmission I'm not. Hopefully someone can help out with the snorkel issue, but I would personally wait a little longer and see whats what. The delivery could easily move up as well.

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
Did anyone do a MAS order and is still waiting on the steel bumper to be available? I ordered a gator rubicon with the steel bumper and my dealer said it isn’t available yet. I thought this was weird because I’ve seen plenty of members not ordering through MAS get theirs with steel bumpers already.
Sponsored