First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
I am leaving Monday and driving to Georgetown TX to pick up my Gladiator and I know that @JeepCares told us that we now can use the military discount but I was just checking to see if anyone have used it yet?
Sponsored

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
It's legit. Was effective about 2 months ago. Take either a dd214 or ngb22 with you

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I used it when I picked up my Jeep on the 2nd of July... You just need your DD214.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I have been told by both local dealerships it is $500.

Sponsored

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
$500 has been active for a few months.

Dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
For active duty do they require anything special? Would I need just my CAC or would I need original orders?

Astephan1284

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2000 TJ Sport
For active duty do they require anything special? Would I need just my CAC or would I need original orders?
I Showed them my CAC when I ordered and they accepted it for the total price write up.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
It's been a long while since I was active duty. However, please allow me caution potential buyers. On a big ticket item like a new truck, a "Military Discount" is often nothing more than the illusion of a discount. For example, if you and I negotiate a price on the same truck, and you ask for a military discount, your initial price will be higher than mine. In the end, the price of the truck is the same.

To be sure, negotiate your best price on the truck, THEN say you want a military discount. If the dealer immediately shaves $500 off the previously negotiated price, that's a true discount. Anything else is the proverbial dealer smoke and mirrors.

Sponsored

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It's been a long while since I was active duty. However, please allow me caution potential buyers. On a big ticket item like a new truck, a "Military Discount" is often nothing more than the illusion of a discount. For example, if you and I negotiate a price on the same truck, and you ask for a military discount, your initial price will be higher than mine. In the end, the price of the truck is the same.

To be sure, negotiate your best price on the truck, THEN say you want a military discount. If the dealer immediately shaves $500 off the previously negotiated price, that's a true discount. Anything else is the proverbial dealer smoke and mirrors.
I was going to respond with the proverbial military sarcasm, but I know you are trying to help. I just left the springs and can say I miss it, the base there not so much. CHEERS

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Yeah, I was trying to NOT reply with military sarcasm, but as they say in the Army, it is what it is.

mimms123

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
The overseas military auto buying program is pricing Gladiators at a little under MSRP. I got mine for under invoice plus the $500 discount

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist

The overseas military auto buying program is pricing Gladiators at a little under MSRP. I got mine for under invoice plus the $500 discount
I think @mimms123 's comment highlights exactly what @Klutch was saying. You can get around 5% under invoice from several dealers on the forum. The "overseas military auto buying program" is a little under invoice. So you can purchase from one of the discount dealers and save more money than a little under invoice plus $500 off.

Same argument for folks waiting on employee pricing (EPP), which is also higher that some of the dealers are selling for.

Gotta run the numbers for your build and situation, but a military or employee discount may not be better than the existing discounts available. If a dealer tacks on a $500 military discount on top of the existing discount pricing, even better!
Sponsored