First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Executive
I took the doors and top off my Mojave the day after I got it. Getting chilly at night here in Rhode Island so.. top is back on.

I bought door hing Mirrors (mostly useless but legal) but I’d really like to see what others have done to put their doors on and off without the hinge mirror step.

windshield frame mirrors?
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I tried the windshield hinge mirrors...while they had good visibility I still had to take them off when I put the doors back on, as the doors would hit them and not be able to open fully. My goal was to find something to leave on with the doors on(or soft doors) but this doesn't seem to exist yet for the JL/JT ...other than maybe the guys that are using motorcycle mirrors screwed into the side cowl bolt, but these look like they'd hit the doors as well.

I ended up going with jpegs, yes they occupy the door hinges but I am very pleased with them. It's 30 seconds to take them off/on

Reactions: BAT

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yea those are what I got.
If you want to drive up to Boston you can have them. They're just sitting on a shelf in my garage

It's just one bolt for the door check(limiter), still super easy to take them on and off

Tankmix1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I took the doors and top off my Mojave the day after I got it. Getting chilly at night here in Rhode Island so.. top is back on.

I bought door hing Mirrors (mostly useless but legal) but I’d really like to see what others have done to put their doors on and off without the hinge mirror step.

windshield frame mirrors?
Don't have any experience with hinge mirrors...sorry...but '21 Mojave should be here by the end of the month and I ordered EAG Safari Tubular Doors with the window attached if anyone has thoughts in that direction...cheers

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I love my Kikbax mirrors. They pop on super easy and include the foot peg. I love the Carolina MM mirrors but I think they lack value for the money.
Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors 008AB1D2-958C-4568-8785-4DAB22C53AD7

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Kikbax mirrors. They pop on super easy and include the foot peg. I love the Carolina MM mirrors but I think they lack value for the money.
I struggle with there being so few solutions that provide real value, work well and don’t cost way more than they should.

The CMM mirrors are extremely nice but at over $100 a side? It just seems overpriced. Although my willingness to buy a set is almost there. If I could get a set for about $150 I would see a much better value and jump all over them.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Does anyone know what size thread the bolt nearest cab holding the cowl cover on is? If it's 10mm I think I would try something like this screwed in there. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Folding-Motorcycle-Side-Rearview-Mirror-10mm-For-Yamaha-Honda/272718255969?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edit. There are adaptors to take those down to 8mm. Here are some that have both, not saying I'd buy chrome ones but a quick search got these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-Mot...769769?hash=item445bbb2de9:g:Rk0AAOSwI61c4212

Edit2: Here are cheaper 8mm only ones. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Emgo-Scoot...180889&hash=item4dadbd1fb2:g:6vAAAOSwNZRfL0Km

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I've tried several door-off mirror options through the years...didn't really like any of them. Hopefully Jeep will take a cue from the new Bronco and finally move the mirrors off the doors.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I struggle with there being so few solutions that provide real value, work well and don’t cost way more than they should.

The CMM mirrors are extremely nice but at over $100 a side? It just seems overpriced. Although my willingness to buy a set is almost there. If I could get a set for about $150 I would see a much better value and jump all over them.
Yep. I paid $150ish for the Kikbax. That was about my threshold of pain for mirror cost. I agree, if they could make the CMM style for that price, I would have jumped on it. I know machine time for CNC isn't cheap but, they could surely cast or injection mold the pieces for much less. I assume someone is doing so in China as we speak :-( and there will be options on the market soon.

The Kickbax are kind of simple in design and execution but hold their position and don't vibrate hardly at all. They do create a bit of wind noise but, your doors are off, so it doesn't matter. Takes 20 seconds to put each side on.

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Don't have any experience with hinge mirrors...sorry...but '21 Mojave should be here by the end of the month and I ordered EAG Safari Tubular Doors with the window attached if anyone has thoughts in that direction...cheers
After my research, this seemed like the best solution to me. I’ll be ordering some soon. total price is not bad at all for a full set of tube doors with mirrors.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
Jeep Gladiator Mirror option for no doors 1599923251461

After driving a HUMVEE around work all last week, I really like these. They are in line of sight with the windshield and have the separate blind spot mirror. Thinking about retrofitting something like this by using a light-bar windshield mount.
Thoughts?

jlc64uk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon; 21 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Asst. Principal
jpeggz is the best option i have seen. had them on my wrangler and they are bringing them out without the footpegs very soon.
https://www.jpeggz.com/

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
the jpeggz and kikbax are good because they serve two purposes (foot rest too) and seem to minimize vibrations. I saw some reports of one or the other (not both, can't remember which) causing issues with the hinges that had to get reset (one had to go to the dealer). this had me really hesitant about getting one of those.

i got the lange coyote off a member here

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-originals/coyote-mirror-pair-jeep-wrangler-jl

installation was quick and easy, just gotta take out the cowl on each side to slide in the plastic base that stays on. attaching is very quick and easy, i just put them up under my sears when not using them. vibrations are minimal, more so on the driver side than passenger. i had small blind spot mirrors placed at the side vents that i used while i contemplated which one i wanted to get, the view is much better than those.

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
... . I saw some reports of one or the other (not both, can't remember which) causing issues with the hinges that had to get reset (one had to go to the dealer). this had me really hesitant about getting one of those...

I had this issue with the jpegz...but it is the hinges not being tight enough from the factory, in combination with the weight/pressure of your foot.. Not the jpegz fault. Tighten all hinge to body bolts before you install and you won't have a problem.

If some one had to go to the dealer for this they shouldn't be taking their doors off ...just loosen realign the lower hinge and tighten.
Problem solved .
Sponsored