fitchottie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Question:
Those that have done 37's on the mopar lift, what else was needed.
Trim Side Rails, steering stabilizer etc. Any rubbing issues. looking for those with a rubicon.

Thank you
John
Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
There are guys running 37s on their Rubicon stock rims without rubbing. Don't know about rubbing while flexed but the kit does come with bump stop extensions. People are relating the wheel backspace to what has to be done on JK. The JL and the Gladiator have significantly wider axles than the JK did and the Rubicon is a little wider still over the Overland and Sport. I don't plan on doing anything besides the lift kit and 37x12.5 KO2s on my stock rims under the 2 inch lift. Then I will address any issues that arise.

OP
OP

fitchottie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Cool, i am going to be running the black rhino Armory in gun metal with 37 nitto ridge... excited!

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
There are guys running 37s on their Rubicon stock rims without rubbing. Don't know about rubbing while flexed but the kit does come with bump stop extensions. People are relating the wheel backspace to what has to be done on JK. The JL and the Gladiator have significantly wider axles than the JK did and the Rubicon is a little wider still over the Overland and Sport. I don't plan on doing anything besides the lift kit and 37x12.5 KO2s on my stock rims under the 2 inch lift. Then I will address any issues that arise.
FYI - the BS on stock wheels is 6.1 inches

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I like my tires to be tucked under the vehicle. The major reason for that is I prefer the aesthetics of wheels that fit. I will never be running my truck at full flex on purpose so I am not worried about rubbing. One of the trucks with the crazy offset where the tires stuck out 5 inches from the fender rubbed on the rock rail. There is a happy medium to be found where you do not rub the lower control arm nor do you rub on the rock rail. I think that area will be easy to find.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
even in the pictures I posted above the rocks are going to beat the crap out of the rear fenders on that truck. I have a set of the heavy duty rock sliders that also act as a cab step to keep the rocks below the painted surfaces that are due to arrive on Monday so I will pick them up with my Gladiator. The rear door hinges on my JK looked like crap after about a month of driving without the cab steps I installed on it. I had to install them after we took it to church once and my wife had to hike her skirt up so high in the parking lot just to hop in the Jeep, but the secondary benefit was the rocks no longer got flung at the side of the Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP

fitchottie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
even in the pictures I posted above the rocks are going to beat the crap out of the rear fenders on that truck. I have a set of the heavy duty rock sliders that also act as a cab step to keep the rocks below the painted surfaces that are due to arrive on Monday so I will pick them up with my Gladiator. The rear door hinges on my JK looked like crap after about a month of driving without the cab steps I installed on it. I had to install them after we took it to church once and my wife had to hike her skirt up so high in the parking lot just to hop in the Jeep, but the secondary benefit was the rocks no longer got flung at the side of the Jeep.

What sliders if I may ask ?

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I was eyeing those but couldn't find info on how wide the quasi-step would be. Have you found anything? I run the RSE rails on my JK that also function as a step and I really like them.
I have not found any official dimensions on them. I just looked at a bunch of photos and I have convinced myself that they are wide enough to protect the rear fenders from the front tires. They are intended to be used as a step because they mention a non-slip surface. They are on most, if not all, of the EJS concept builds if you want to see more pics of them installed from better angles.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
This is the best picture I could find that makes me think that the rock rail is at least wide enough to protect the rear fender. Maybe not full coverage but it is close enough to deflect most rocks thrown up.

20190418_184034.jpg
Sponsored