First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
There is a thread going on the top mods people recommend, but I am curious what mods people have made that they either regret or feel like was not worth the money. It may help people from making the same mistake.
Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Getting my popcorn

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
There is a thread going on the top mods people recommend, but I am curious what mods people have made that they either regret or feel like was not worth the money. It may help people from making the same mistake.
I added a bedrug impact liner to my JT. It's not that it is a bad product per-se. I just should have read up on it more. I don't like the velcro attachment mechanism. I also don't like that neither the bed nor the tailgate feel stabile enough to place a drink on.

Sponsored

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
This one is easy for me. I ordered a pair of Rigid Industries Radiance Pods (red) based on a FB recommendation to use as back up lights.

Unfortunately, the way they mount to the bracket causes the beam pattern to go from horizontal to vertical. I’m not sure they would work that great if they were oriented horizontally.

Immediately replaced with Rigid floods.

$200 down the drain.

Here’s a pic that shows the pattern.

4A35005C-E70C-47B6-BE78-0A27E870F3EE.jpeg

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
sill covers. There is a set out there that covers more area than the ones I bought. I was in a rush to get the area protected and didn’t do any research. Not a big deal at all and I may upgrade but...... laziness
Same here. I bought the Mopar set and later upgraded to the RR set.

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Not really a big regret, but I bought Rough Country drop steps. They don't mount flush on the passenger side. Most people don't notice it, but I do and it bothers me.

OP
OP
Georgia Jeeper

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
Not really a big regret, but I bought Rough Country drop steps. They don't mount flush on the passenger side. Most people don't notice it, but I do and it bothers me.
I almost went with those, but several people mentioned them not being flush on one side, and my OCD would not be able to handle it.

Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Rain cover... I’m sure it a fine product, but I just don’t think I need it. But my wife really thought I should have one so I added it to my Christmas wish list and she got it for me. It’s still in a bag in the garage.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
This is my fourth Jeep, so I have learned a lot from previous mistakes. No regrettable mods yet on my JT.

On the TJ: tube steps and tube bumpers. Oof. They were replaced in less than a year. Expensive mistake.

On the first JKU: Nothing that I can really recall. I only owned it for a little over a year.

On the second JKU: The 50” light bar. Loud and never used. I took it off almost as soon as I put it on. Never again.

The only thing I regret about the JT is not regearing much sooner than I did when I bought 37s.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Rain cover... I’m sure it a fine product, but I just don’t think I need it. But my wife really thought I should have one so I added it to my Christmas wish list and she got it for me. It’s still in a bag in the garage.
Maybe time to put it on ebay ... :D

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Haha, y
This is my fourth Jeep, so I have learned a lot from previous mistakes. No regrettable mods yet on my JT.

On the TJ: tube steps and tube bumpers. Oof. They were replaced in less than a year. Expensive mistake.

On the first JKU: Nothing that I can really recall. I only owned it for a little over a year.

On the second JKU: The 50” light bar. Loud and never used. I took it off almost as soon as I put it on. Never again.

The only thing I regret about the JT is not regearing much sooner than I did when I bought 37s.
Haha yes with my XJ I made some mistakes with a bumper and a couple other parts from a company that shall remain nameless. Also going from 31's to 33's then 35's. Should have done the full send right off the bat. Now it is a beast though and tackles anything. I can't believe I'm starting again with another vehicle. :rock: