Sponsored

Mojave 392 musings πŸ˜‚

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Just thinking this AM as I was looking at the Mojave at my dealership. Considering that everything they put extra on the wrangler 392 is already there it is a good good guess this will come. I am thinking once Ford announces specs on the new RAPTOR without a V8 again...

Not sure about a 392 Rubicon with the different hoods though...

FWIW the stock MOJAVE looks really good. Not sure i would do anything to it but a HEMI SWAP. Those shocks are massive
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'll sign up for a 392 powered Gladiator, whether it is a Mojave or a Rubicon. I'll pass on an electric Gladiator. Charging stations are too far and few between, charging times too long, and reliability too unproven to go where the tow truck can't get to.
Jeep Gladiator Mojave 392 musings πŸ˜‚ TAT Day 7

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'll sign up for a 392 powered Gladiator, whether it is a Mojave or a Rubicon. I'll pass on an electric Gladiator. Charging stations are too far and few between, charging times too long, and reliability too unproven to go where the tow truck can't get to.
But it's a hybrid. It uses gas with electric assist. That's how the torque is 470 1b ft.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
A V8 Mojave makes alot of sense. It is a desert runner and torque at low engine speeds is a premium feature. I would like to see them add a serious auto 4wd transfer case and selectable locker up front. If they did this they would not only have one of the most capable desert runners, but you would also have the best midsized truck on the market, that would make alot of sense to your average person truck user. Good in inclement weather, power to work, right size to manage around town and through the woods, and maybe just a little bit fun to drive.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
reliability wont be an issue. hybrids have been a thing for 20 years. charging is not relevant because its a hybrid. Hybrid will be much better suited for overlanding because its gonna blow the regular gladiators and destroy the hemi in gas millage.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
A V8 Mojave makes alot of sense. It is a desert runner and torque at low engine speeds is a premium feature. I would like to see them add a serious auto 4wd transfer case and selectable locker up front. If they did this they would not only have one of the most capable desert runners, but you would also have the best midsized truck on the market, that would make alot of sense to your average person truck user. Good in inclement weather, power to work, right size to manage around town and through the woods, and maybe just a little bit fun to drive.
I can confirm it's a little bit fun with a HEMI especially in 2H. I think I would need different shocks and some bump stops if I was to go fast in the desert but it's intriguing

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
If they are going to 'electrify' a Gladiator, I would much rather it have a turbo I-6 engine + standard hybrid (Not plug-in). The F150 hybrid is an excellent example on the market today.

Munkey Boy

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3, '79 CJ5, '21 JT Sport S manual.
Occupation
Camp Maintenance
TBH I'm not impressed with what Jeep did with the Wrangler 392. They threw in two cylinders and charge another thirty grand. But to top it off, they make it only available with the 3.73 and 2.72:1 SelecTrac rather than the 4.10 married with the 4:1 Rock Track. They are targeting quarter mile times rather than off road capability. It's a Wrangler! This is the same train (wreck) of thought that would think that a Challenger would work well crawling the Rubicon if it just had 4" lifts and 37s.

However, plopping that Hemi in a truck would make it quite a bit more a useful tool. It's a truck! Electric, hybrid, V-8, or just enough to get me out and back on a trail is sort of backburner to the fact that I can use this thing for work AND fun. In the Mojave, a desert runner, it makes sense and would separate it from the Rubicon as they would likely do the same with the axles and t-case as they did in the Wrangler. That price tag though... Might as well get a TRX.

Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what I was thinking. If it is < $5000 more to get the TRX then get the TRX. If it is >$10,000 less to get a 392 Gladiator, then get the Gladiator. If it is someplace in between then you would have to drive them to see which is going to be better. Finding a TRX to drive is going to be a challenge. Our local dealer isn't getting any of them. A larger dealer 50 miles away is getting one of them, which sold on day one, at $11,000 over MSRP. Finding a 392 Gladiator to drive is even harder though, because they don't even make it yet.