remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Sorry for the clickbait ;)

As teardowns of the new Mojave start rolling in, it would be awesome to document and sticky the list of frame reinforcements that the Mojave contains along with side-by-side comparison photos with the standard frame.

Hoping a vendor will take it upon themselves to develop a sort of "weld-on kit" for shops to install to get all non-Mojaves up to par.

Along with upgrading to the OEM cast iron knuckles and hydraulic jounce bumpers (once they become available from Mopar, we should also list the PNs in the sticky), we should be on our way to a true "Mojavicon." :captain:

[Side-note: It seems like half of the review articles from reputable publications are implying that the Mojave has upgraded axles that are not available on any other Gladiator trim. Just a small nit, but it's starting to bug me....]
Sponsored

OP
OP

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yep, I've seen those photos. Thanks for adding it here as it puts it all in one place.

I'm hoping we can develop a resource for DIYers and vendors alike to develop retrofit kits, identify the upgrades that give the biggest increase in strength, are low-hanging no-brainer bolt-ons, or even leave out the upgrades that are largely unnecessary depending on the goals of individual builds or just aren't worth the trouble.

For example, I've bottomed out my suspension going too fast in the dunes and I'm wondering how hard it would be to add the Mojave hydraulic jounce bumpers or if there are better and/or cheaper aftermarket options.

I'm hoping for more details and side-by-side photos so we can see the designs of the additional reinforcements and welds, perhaps glean some info as to how and why the engineers added material or welds in certain spots, where they determined the weak spots are, etc.

OP
OP

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Do we have a list of MOPAR part numbers for Mojave jounce bumpers, knuckles, suspension yet?

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Do we have a list of MOPAR part numbers for Mojave jounce bumpers, knuckles, suspension yet?
Fox makes aftermarket hydraulic bump stops. I've installed them on my rig on all 4 corners. The rears require welding though. But install is easy and straight forward. Took me 6 hours to do all 4 corners

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Interesting, in the link provided it appears the only frame strengthening is some additional welding.

DiscoSlug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator; '74 PowerWagon; '86 Taco C-frame
Occupation
Drugs

Down to MOB channel had a previous gladiator owner that bent their frame weld up his reinforcement in the same spot.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, in the link provided it appears the only frame strengthening is some additional welding.
Imagine the testing done to ensure the crumple zones and sacrificial areas remained intact to still pass all of the crash testing............ it's expensive for a company to make changes to a frame
Sponsored