First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Just rotated the tires and noticed my driver rear shock is leaking oil. Made an appointment with the dealer to get it looked at and get that ball rolling. Curious if any Mojave owners have had the same issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tuggernuts

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I should add it has 7k on the odometer and has been lightly off-roaded.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
I should add it has 7k on the odometer and has been lightly off-roaded.
Lightly off-roaded....
Jeep Gladiator Mojave leaky shock 1644344847600

Sorry, i couldnt help myself lol. But more seriously, i do believe a few people have had leaking shocks but it doesnt seem to be a really common issue either here or the face book groups so its probably just bad luck.

OP
OP
Tuggernuts

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
Lightly off-roaded....
Jeep Gladiator Mojave leaky shock 1644344847600

Sorry, i couldnt help myself lol. But more seriously, i do believe a few people have had leaking shocks but it doesnt seem to be a really common issue either here or the face book groups so its probably just bad luck.
It’s not a big deal, it’ll get covered under warranty. Almost every one of my Mtn bikes that have Fox suspension has a leaky seal at one point or another. It happens.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
My drivers side rear is leaking also, have they covered it under warranty?

Sponsored

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue
I've got 2k on the clock and I crawl under my Mojave every day looking for leaking shocks, axles, and a bent frame.

This forum is a blessing and a curse.

Add the rear sway bar mounting flange, they seem to be a weak spot too.

OP
OP
Tuggernuts

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
My drivers side rear is leaking also, have they covered it under warranty?
Yes, they are covering it. Not without questioning me about the AEV lift which literally does nothing to the shock travel. I hate dealerships.

notoriousms33

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 21 mojave
Pressure washed This morning I noticed there was a dark coloration on the bottom of the reservoir/ fox shock in my Mojave.

driver side rear

Could this be a small fraction of a reason this could cause subtle shaking from the floor board?
Have an appointment at jeep after the weekend. I have been scratching my head on why my floor board has a bit of a shake ness to it and not at the steering wheel.

notoriousms33

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 21 mojave
Pressure washed This morning I noticed there was a dark coloration on the bottom of the reservoir/ fox shock in my Mojave.

driver side rear

Could this be a small fraction of a reason this could cause subtle shaking from the floor board?
Have an appointment at jeep after the weekend. I have been scratching my head on why my floor board has a bit of a shake ness to it and not at the steering wheel.
image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tuggernuts

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
That’s definitely what my shock looked like before they replaced it.

Ward

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Mojave
Occupation
retired
I had a passenger side rear shock drooling from the top of the reservoir. Dealership replaced under warranty along with the ECU update. Noticeable improvement on ruts & washboards, less bounce from poor recoil dampening. My Mojave is a 21 & just turned 4K. I happened to be checking my axle seal Mid July & noticed the leak then. I do notice an improvement (slight) in shifting after the ECU update. I never had any CEL issues prior to the update. Post update I've done several WFO runs on hills here in SW Colorado & am tickled with the performance.

I don't know how long the shock had been leaking but the drool was caked & thick.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Dealership replaced both of the rear on my 21 Mojave. Took almost 6 weeks to get them in though, also replaced the front sway bar links, but not sure why? The tech that did the work, obviously knew his stuff about Jeeps, but was not there to explain why they were replaced. The old ones were a silver color and the new are black. The new look a tad longer. Just wondering if they put the wrong ones on when being built? Waiting on the steering stabilizer to come in so they can do it also. May just say screw it and upgrade to a Fox and do it myself.

Vaca Mojave

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Plumber
Yes, they are covering it. Not without questioning me about the AEV lift which literally does nothing to the shock travel. I hate dealerships.
You added the AEV kit and they did cover them under warranty?
I'm trying to deal with my leaking shocks and they are not wanting to cover them because of the AEV
Sponsored