Sponsored

Mojave on Black Bear Pass - hung with my JL pals!

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
Went to Colorado for a quick trip and a "shakedown" cruise for my 2021 Mojave after installing the AEV 2" spacer lift and 35" tires. Was able to hang with the JK/JL crowd. Did Black Bear, Imogene, and Ophir. Lots of fun and the weather was perfect. Although my intent with the gladiator was not to do these sort of trails, I am glad it can to them. Worst thing that happened was banging up the bottom of the trailer hitch. Here's some pics of my rig on Black Bear's "Steps":

Jeep Gladiator Mojave on Black Bear Pass - hung with my JL pals! Steps 1.JPG

steps 2.JPG

steps 3.JPG
Sponsored

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I’d love to do this! Glad you made it out

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Good to know as a native who has never done any of these trails.

Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Glad to see it will do them. That’s the lift I am planning on going with at this point.

Biggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I also ran black bear and the other usual passes last week. My Mojave is on the AEV 2" and 37's. As mentioned the hitch dragged a couple time.

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I did black bear last year in my JK, we were following a full size p/u tour operator group (seats in the bed of the truck) and he drove like he had done black bear 100 times before. If a full size p/u can do it, any glad should be able to.

Screenshot (20).png

OP
OP
Not2Late

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
I did black bear last year in my JK, we were following a full size p/u tour operator group (seats in the bed of the truck) and he drove like he had done black bear 100 times before. If a full size p/u can do it, any glad should be able to.

Screenshot (20).png
I agree! I kid you not, when I was on one of those trails, we came across what looked like one of those mini-trucks. The kind where the driver's cab sits on top of the engine and it has a flat windshield. Anyway, that was the tour vehicle. They were broken down and waiting on the company to come pick them up. I thought to myself, how the heck did they get that up here? Also once saw a family in a Ford Edge on Hagerman Pass. So I think I am definitely overthinking this...