Sponsored

Mojave or Rubicon - Best Daily/ Overlander?

dshed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR
Occupation
Car Designer
I'm looking into both but can't decide. This will be a daily driver but also going on trips to CO and Moab with some local MI wheeling mixed in. I see 37's in its future as well. I would hate to throw out the Mojave suspension if I lift it but I love the fact that it changes up my current JKUR that I have had for many years. I'm sure many of you have had the same issue - too many good options. How did you decide?
Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
HI, well I have ordered a Rubicon. however, both are very nice and very capable. the reason I decided on the Rubicon is it works best for me and how I drive. I am upgrading from a Toyota Tacoma, and I have gotten into some areas that I really wish I had lockers. I don't do speed off roading. I stay mostly in the mountains, rocks mud, snow. I like the 4:1 transfer case and the fact it comes with both lockers. I know I will rarely use the front locker but its a nice to have. it will be used for camping, hunting, fishing ect. I also plan to eventually hit the rubicon trail with it.

Best advice, really consider your type of driving, what you like to drive through/over and get the one that best suites you. best of luck.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Superhero
Hello, I just got my Gladiator Mojave edition, I traded in my Gladiator Rubicon edition, and honestly I truly love the Mojave. I live in NW Indiana. With Chicago and Michigan being my neighbors I'm looking forward to the snow days that are coming soon. My rides have been a little more smoother with my Mojave. And I feel that this edition of vehicle really is worth every penny. I hope this helps you out a little bit. Cheers.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If you plan to change the stock suspension, skip the Mojave, as that is one of the selling points. The wheeling you plan is what the Rubicon was designed for. I went with the Overland, which was the better choice for my needs, when I purchased. If I was buying now, it would be a Mojave.

Nine Ball

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Entrepreneur
If most of your offroading is going to be backroads and dirt trails, the Mojave will work better. If you plan on doing rock crawling, the Rubicon will be better.

If you can, test drive both. They have their own personalities. The Mojave rides smoother, steering feels slightly more precise due to the steel steering arms, and it has less body roll when cornering. That's why I chose it, as 95% of the time I'll be using it on pavement.
Sponsored