Sponsored

Mojave random rear creaking noise

jknowgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Hi all, I have a stock 2020 Mojave, bought new last year, 11k miles now, no mods or off road yet, that was awesome , until I took it for it's second oil change at the dealer 4 months or so ago. After the oil change it started making a random creaking/springy noise at under 10 mph from as far as I can tell the right rear quadrant. It's loud, lasts a few seconds, happens forward, reverse, left/right turns, completely random as far as motion goes but happens at least once or twice every time I drive it. No noise when idling. I took it to jeep 3 times, initially they didn't hear it, then the service manager heard it on a test drive.

They thought it was the spare tire carrier and bent it/tightened it and said it was fixed. A few days later it was back. I took it back to jeep and was told that "they don't make any money off of finding the problem and are losing money". I was told today they drove it for 4 days and don't hear the noise. I'm going to pick it up today, and know they're not interested in finding the problem and the probability of hearing it on the way home is high. They say it's nothing, but also say they don't know what it is. Anyone with similar issue that actually found what it might be? I'm going to ask them for all the reports to see what was "inspected". Super frustrating since it's spends way more time in the shop already compared to the 11 years I had my JK. Any thoughts are most appreciated.
Sponsored

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I had a random noise and it turned out someone hadnt shut the passenger side rear seat firmly enough and it was squeaking.
your best bet is to place a camera like a gopro underneath and see if you can use visual or sounds to locate it. (move it closer or further etc.) If you can find a way to replicated the sound in a parking lot maybe that would even be better. Have a friend look and listen while you drive. Lets say you drive over a speed bump and hear it, put a go pro under there and try get a shot of it.
I know thats the worst advice maybe especially if you dont have a gopro but sometimes you just need time and eyes/ears to figure something like that out.

TomH

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
If it sounds like metal on metal, look for any rusty places underneath.

korknut

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pool cleaning service

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
There is another thread dealing with this and the culprit are the Fox shocks!

Sponsored

Rptr00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator willys
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
ive got something like this happening on my 21 willys. i am currently waiting for a new right rear axle as it is leaking and the dealer indicated it is bent as well. I can replicate the sound by just rocking the bed. you can feel vibration in the tire as it pops.

Janelkallie

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Rn
My 2021 overland is currently doing that and it's pretty annoying. I don't have any fox suspension

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I had my wife and daughter move up and down on the tailgate to resonate the suspension and find the culprit: the rubber bushings where the sway bar links meet the frame. I lubed them with ceramic spray wax and the squeaks are gone.
Sponsored