Mojave Rear Squeak

Sah3167

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Curious if this is normal for the fox shocks or not. Just picked up my used 20 Mojave with 19k and all is good. Except, I loaded up the truck with family and notice what sounds like the rear suspension creaking and squeaking. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
The shocks squeak in colder weather.
Some apply silicone lube or spray with WD-40 or similar.
There's not harm in it.

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I noticed a slight squeaking from all of my Mojave shock shafts, but I could only hear it in the garage, engine off, and pushing up & down on the suspension by hand. I never heard any shaft squeaks when driving.

If you decide to lube the shock shafts, I recommend using silicone grease only ( Danco 88693 Silicone Grease, which can be picked up at Lowes, HD, etc. ) . Sprays & other lubes like WD40 could have a negative impact on the wiper seals.

The only shock squeak noise I ever heard during normal driving was from my left rear upper shock mount. The bushing appeared to be shifted slightly in the shock and it was barely touching the frame. Took me forever to find that little problem. After pushing the top of the shock over to help seat the bushing, the noise immediately went away. The bushing contact appears to be gone, but I put a little silicone grease on it just in case.

Another common source of rubbery squeaks is the exhaust hangers. So, check your exhaust hangers - all 3 of them. Mine were super squeaky, especially the colder they got. I removed them, and found that whatever assembly lube they used had dried out and made them squeaky. I cleaned them, then applied Danco silicone grease and re-installed them. No more squeaks.

OP
OP

Sah3167

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I noticed a slight squeaking from all of my Mojave shock shafts, but I could only hear it in the garage, engine off, and pushing up & down on the suspension by hand. I never heard any shaft squeaks when driving.

If you decide to lube the shock shafts, I recommend using silicone grease only ( Danco 88693 Silicone Grease, which can be picked up at Lowes, HD, etc. ) . Sprays & other lubes like WD40 could have a negative impact on the wiper seals.

The only shock squeak noise I ever heard during normal driving was from my left rear upper shock mount. The bushing appeared to be shifted slightly in the shock and it was barely touching the frame. Took me forever to find that little problem. After pushing the top of the shock over to help seat the bushing, the noise immediately went away. The bushing contact appears to be gone, but I put a little silicone grease on it just in case.

Another common source of rubbery squeaks is the exhaust hangers. So, check your exhaust hangers - all 3 of them. Mine were super squeaky, especially the colder they got. I removed them, and found that whatever assembly lube they used had dried out and made them squeaky. I cleaned them, then applied Danco silicone grease and re-installed them. No more squeaks.
Thanks! Will certainly take a look into the hangars
Sponsored