Sponsored

RichDSport

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Rubicon, Mini
This is cool. I plan to do the Mojave Road after I move to Vegas. I don't know if my trailer would make it, but maybe on the east side as you say. If I was going to do the whole thing I guess I'd throw a RTT on. This is right up there with White Rim as a legendary overland route.

Are you running the stock tires?
Sponsored

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
This is cool. I plan to do the Mojave Road after I move to Vegas. I don't know if my trailer would make it, but maybe on the east side as you say. If I was going to do the whole thing I guess I'd throw a RTT on. This is right up there with White Rim as a legendary overland route.

Are you running the stock tires?
Yes. The only mod is 3/4 inch spacers in rear to help eliminate sag when towing.

Redruby

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
No some days are guaranteed, I’d rather say I did it as opposed to saying I wish I did it. Usually on my return trips from Alaska someone always says I’ll go next year when the price of fuel drops, not happening go now and enjoy the trip

Ghosts40

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladitor Sport
Occupation
Construction Manager
Awesome Pics!!! Looks like a Great time for sure!! What camper trailer is that that you have?

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I finally did it! This trail has been on my list for many years, but hasn’t fit into my schedule until now. I invited a few others to go with me but it was short notice and I decided what the hell, and went anyway. I figured there would be others out there and I was right. What a great adventure. The JT was flawless and so was my trailer. No mechanical issues whatsoever. I used a combo of Gaia, Trails Offroad and the Mojave Road Guide book to stay on course. Route finding can be confusing because the trail has changed over the years and different maps point you in different directions. The east half of the trail is scenic and pretty quiet, but the west half is busy, bumpy and much slower going, so I really liked the east side better. Anyway, here’s a bunch of pics, and I'm happy to answer any questions you want to ask.

Thursday night camping near Bullhead City
78DF0FB1-E1FF-49A7-BE94-7D6BCDBA8B7A.jpeg
My dad took the family in late 1949 from Pasadena to a ranch in the Mojave where he grew Alfalfa. The ranch was in the shadow of Piute Butte which he owned a part of. We took the Jeep out there a year ago and now the ranch is entirely covered with solar panels and the owner is selling the electricity to Southern California Edison. My older brothers remember the pigs and horses and the sidewinders. The foundation of the house, barn, and the small swimming pool were still there, and so were the snakes.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Very good post and introduction to the Mojave Road. Where did you spend the first night on the Mojave Road? Do you think three days gives you enough time on the road?
Thanks

ckgjt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Max ToE
Very good post and introduction to the Mojave Road. Where did you spend the first night on the Mojave Road? Do you think three days gives you enough time on the road?
Thanks
just ran it last weekend 3 days is enough if you have a small group...it was a beautiful trip!!! stayed the first night about half way at the abandoned house then near soda lake the second night....here is some of the Indian graffiti
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Road, Thanksgiving 2022 IMG_1752
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Road, Thanksgiving 2022 IMG_1754
Jeep Gladiator Mojave Road, Thanksgiving 2022 IMG_1751

OP
OP
azmojave

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Thanks
First night on the MR was Camp Phallus (Caruthers Canyon), and three days was perfect for us. Four or five days would allow time for more exploring. Bring extra gas!

Fungshui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Any issues driving through soda lake? I'm planning to go next Thursday.

Sponsored

Martinnfb

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Amazing pictures and write up, Thank You for sharing Bobby.

Cheers
Martin
Sponsored