First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
sales
Hello everyone . New to this site. I recently bought my first jeep. A 2022 Gladiator Willys' edition. Naturally I am doing some mods on it already. I saw a mojave gladiator skid plate on e bay. Does anyone know if it will fit a Willys' gladiator.
Sponsored

First Name
SKU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy’s Gladiator
Occupation
Blue collar
My Willy’s has all the skid plaits, did yours not come with them?
I didn’t think there was a difference between the skid plaits.. now I’m intereste…

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My Willy’s has all the skid plaits, did yours not come with them?
I didn’t think there was a difference between the skid plaits.. now I’m intereste…
It's probably the dam under the front bumper.
Hello everyone . New to this site. I recently bought my first jeep. A 2022 Gladiator Willys' edition. Naturally I am doing some mods on it already. I saw a mojave gladiator skid plate on e bay. Does anyone know if it will fit a Willys' gladiator.
Do you have a metal front bumper? The metal air dam only installs on the metal bumper from a Rubicon, freedom edition, or Mojave.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It will fit but you will need some brackets and nutserts. It is the same as a Rubicon Skid Plate, just painted silver.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ubicon-skid-plate-on-sport.26170/#post-428456
The same as the Rubicon skid plate for the plastic bumper?
There are two different Rubicon skid plates :like:

Do you have a metal front bumper? The metal air dam only installs on the metal bumper from a Rubicon, freedom edition, or Mojave.
There's a Rubicon skid plate for the Rubicon with the base bumper, and a Rubicon skid plate for the Rubicon with the steel bumper.
So the Rubicon skid plate for the plastic bumper could be used on any of the JT versions, I would expect......

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The same as the Rubicon skid plate for the plastic bumper?
Yeah, this. Kind of implied since you cannot order a Mojave with the winch capable steel bumper.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Assuming you have the plastic bumper, the Mojave skid plate will fit. You'll probably need some hardware like mentioned above.

If you think you'll get the mopar steel bumper in the future, then don't waste your money. This skid will not fit the steel bumper, at least not without cutting it and/or the bumper.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Like guys are saying sure it will fit, the rubicon and Mojave standard plastic bumpers come with same skid plate just different colors, and will fit any of the models with the couple brackets that are needed to mount them, the Steel bumper on rubicon, the skid bolts to the bumper.
Did this mod to my wife's Wrangler, looks better, and we no longer have the plastic air dam that collected stones. The plastic air dam and steel brace do the best job of any bumper to control air flow, the plastic air dam is not really all that light, I seemed like the metal skid was almost the same weight even less......Jack

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Like guys are saying sure it will fit, the rubicon and Mojave standard plastic bumpers come with same skid plate just different colors, and will fit any of the models with the couple brackets that are needed to mount them, the Steel bumper on rubicon, the skid bolts to the bumper.
Did this mod to my wife's Wrangler, looks better, and we no longer have the plastic air dam that collected stones. The plastic air dam and steel brace do the best job of any bumper to control air flow, the plastic air dam is not really all that light, I seemed like the metal skid was almost the same weight even less......Jack
We must have had different air dams. Mine I could fling like a frisbee, the skid plate I have to brace myself when lifting it off a shelf from storage.
The steel backing and plastic air dam together weigh maybe 1/3 of the steel slid plate.

A. Rubicon skid plate for plastic bumper requires the front brackets and rear or lower brackets.

B. Rubicon skid plate for steel bumper requires only the rear or lower brackets as the front bolts to the bumper.

The former (A) will work on any JT if you get the lower brackets, the 4 bolts and 4 nutserts (or rivnuts if you prefer that term) and the front brackets.

The latter (B) will work on any JT with the Rubicon steel bumper if you get the lower brackets, the 4 bolts and 4 nutserts (or rivnuts if you prefer that term).

And as Joe pointed out - you can put on a steel bumper with A but some have had to trim things a bit. Not a big deal - several here have done it and are happy with the results. There are other threads on how they did it. So if you don't mind a few minutes trimming, it's not really a waste, but do plan ahead in any case.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaflo

jaflo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
sales

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
So, I got a great deal on an original Jeep OEM Rubicon 10A bumper. It mounted to my JT Overland perfectly, fit nicely.
I have been researching front steel skids.
I am told a stock steel skid from the original JK 10A will not mount to a new JL/JT.
And vice versa, if I get a stock steel skid for a JL/JT it will not mount to an older JK 10A bumper.

I've been threading through this forum but haven't quite seen a work around for this.
Sponsored