Mojave take off suspension on Overland

Mudhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Hello everyone!

So the short story goes like this:

I purchased a new 2021 JT Overland and before I even had the chance to make my first payment I found one hell of a deal. Through FB marketplace I was able to acquire all 4 of the Mojave Shocks, the Front coil Mojave springs and a bucket of what appears to be the steering stabilizer and control arms for $600. (Image below of the haul)

Jeep Gladiator Mojave take off suspension on Overland 221837857_1557921977889361_9015370107378542895_n

My questions for anyone who is willing to help.

What do I need to watch out for before installing these part on my JT?

As I understand it I might have to purchase some wheel spacers to make sure I have enough clearance for the shocks and I might have to drill into my bumper to mount the reservoirs.

Will the lift provided by the Mojave coils be enough to run 35's? and Do I need to worry about the rear coils?

Lastly I heard that the control arms, etc are a beefier version of what came stock on my overland. Is this true? Will I have any issues installing these onto my overland due to not having the wider axels?

Thank you very much to whomever responds!
Sponsored

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Good find and that's a fantastic price.:handsinair: #jealous
I usually see them when they pop up for at least a grand or more. I believe the control arms are the same on all of the trims though. I just did the Rubicon shock/springs takeoffs on mine from a forum member who swapped their Rubi over to a Mojave setup. I believe he had to drill out and replace a bushing on the rear shocks IIRC as the bolt is a larger diameter. The front also require some handy work to mount the front reservoir. Keep us posted of the install. Just doing the Rubi takeoff on my Overland I picked up about an 1" front and 1 1/4" in the rear. From what I've heard the Mojaves are another 1" on top of that. So you shouldn't have any issues running 35s. I run 33s on my current setup and that was before I mounted the Rubi springs.

redfish

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT
Occupation
Strategic Account Executive
Hopefully it is just the angle of the picture or my monitor but it looks like 1 front spring and 1 rear spring?

Hello everyone!

So the short story goes like this:

I purchased a new 2021 JT Overland and before I even had the chance to make my first payment I found one hell of a deal. Through FB marketplace I was able to acquire all 4 of the Mojave Shocks, the Front coil Mojave springs and a bucket of what appears to be the steering stabilizer and control arms for $600. (Image below of the haul)

221837857_1557921977889361_9015370107378542895_n.jpg

My questions for anyone who is willing to help.

What do I need to watch out for before installing these part on my JT?

As I understand it I might have to purchase some wheel spacers to make sure I have enough clearance for the shocks and I might have to drill into my bumper to mount the reservoirs.

Will the lift provided by the Mojave coils be enough to run 35's? and Do I need to worry about the rear coils?

Lastly I heard that the control arms, etc are a beefier version of what came stock on my overland. Is this true? Will I have any issues installing these onto my overland due to not having the wider axels?

Thank you very much to whomever responds!

OP
OP
Mudhorn

Mudhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Overland
Hopefully it is just the angle of the picture or my monitor but it looks like 1 front spring and 1 rear spring?
The springs are identical so I believe they are both the Front as the previous owners said he kept the rear springs in his JT after the lift.

Good find and that's a fantastic price.:handsinair: #jealous
I usually see them when they pop up for at least a grand or more. I believe the control arms are the same on all of the trims though. I just did the Rubicon shock/springs takeoffs on mine from a forum member who swapped their Rubi over to a Mojave setup. I believe he had to drill out and replace a bushing on the rear shocks IIRC as the bolt is a larger diameter. The front also require some handy work to mount the front reservoir. Keep us posted of the install. Just doing the Rubi takeoff on my Overland I picked up about an 1" front and 1 1/4" in the rear. From what I've heard the Mojaves are another 1" on top of that. So you shouldn't have any issues running 35s. I run 33s on my current setup and that was before I mounted the Rubi springs.
Thank you for the heads up on the rear shock, I am flip flopping if I should do this instal myself or have a professional take care of it.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
You should probably pick up rear coils to match, otherwise you may end up with a Carolina squat.

Great deal on this though, darn near stole it. Might want to look into a set of hydro-bumps too, to round out the proper set up.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
You should probably pick up rear coils to match, otherwise you may end up with a Carolina squat.

Great deal on this though, darn near stole it. Might want to look into a set of hydro-bumps too, to round out the proper set up.
I once dated a girl with a "Carolina Squat" and curiously a set of hydro bumps helped that situation as well ...

steveorama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland