John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase
Any input on daily drive difference between Mojave and high altitude? I'm pondering trading my HA for a Mojave as quite frankly I think it looks better and comes with the same features I want but in my preferred color of sting Grey. Thanks for any input. It won't be driven off road much, maybe a bit in the snow...so why not get a desert model.
Sponsored

Last edited:

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Having black bumpers vs body painted is worth the trade imo :LOL: .

The shocks on the Mojave are much nicer. But. You can buy the same shocks but in adjustable form (Mojave are pre-set) and in different lengths for use on a lift. They're spendy, but you're going to be spending on the Mojave and taking a hit on the high altitude. Something to consider.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I love the ride on the Mojave. No wandering on the highway and I can go over cattle guards at ridiculous speeds. My other car is an X5 for reference.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Any input on daily drive difference between Mojave and high altitude? I'm pondering trading my HA for a Mojave as quite frankly I think it looks better and comes with the same features I want but in my preferred color of sting Grey. Thanks for any input. It won't be driven off road much, maybe a bit in the snow...so why not get a desert model.
change your shocks out for some fox 2.0 resi. make sure to get the right lenght.. I easily hop speed tables and speed bump now.. yes Im stuck in the city

john#21

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM Hydro Blue

I can’t compare to the HA as i have never driven one. I am very fond of the mojave though, it feels nice on the street and highway.

Just a recommendation, Try to understand how much (if any) you will lose on the trade. Once you have that amount you may find it will be cheaper to build the HA to accomplish what you want.

The beefed up frame and parts wouldn’t be needed based off of your potential off-road description.

Just my .02. If you have your heart and mind set on it, do it.

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
My wife got a High Altitude model and quite frankly I am impressed at how well the suspension is tuned for on road travel. It is highly responsive, smooth, and soaks up bumps and heaves extremely well. It comes close to riding like all those other blob like family haulers. I think Jeep did a killer job on that chassis and suspension, it does exactly what it was designed for. If ever in the market again it will get a closer look from me. I ammpretty smitten with my current Gladiator

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
My wife got a High Altitude model and quite frankly I am impressed at how well the suspension is tuned for on road travel. It is highly responsive, smooth, and soaks up bumps and heaves extremely well. It comes close to riding like all those other blob like family haulers. I think Jeep did a killer job on that chassis and suspension, it does exactly what it was designed for. If ever in the market again it will get a closer look from me. I ammpretty smitten with my current Gladiator
wow, complete opposite of my HA experience tho I opted for the diesel. maybe thats the big difference?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
wow, complete opposite of my HA experience tho I opted for the diesel. maybe thats the big difference?
The diesel option adds about 400 pounds to the front end, compared to the gas model. That definitely will have some affect on the ride. The springs will be different, and the shocks may be different, to try and compensate, but only so much can be done.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
I love the way my HA rides on the ROAD, I use it to commute in NOVA. Liked the Mojave looks better, but did not need any of the offroad stuff. I'll never wheel, just use it to commute, house stuff and bad winter weather. So it just depends on what you need and want to pay for.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not sure of the price difference on the two but I think if I had unlimited money would go with the Mojave simply to me its more bang for your dollar and from what I have seen so far its a good riding truck if you use it for your DD.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
My HA had a sticker of $62K, so very comparable price wise. I did not pay MSRP, but I bet the HA is discounted more than the Mojave.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Not sure of the price difference on the two but I think if I had unlimited money would go with the Mojave
High Altitude is the highest trim level, price-wise of all the Gladiators. MSRP is almost 8 grand more than the Mojave and Rubicon. It's an Overland with a pretty extensive (and expensive) customer preferred package.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
High Altitude is the highest trim level, price-wise of all the Gladiators. MSRP is almost 8 grand more than the Mojave and Rubicon. It's an Overland with a pretty extensive (and expensive) customer preferred package.
True, but if you to equip the Rubi or Mojave equally as the HA, your price differential disappears.
Sponsored