Sponsored

Molle Panels for Bed

UtahJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Anyone here have any experience with putting molle panels in their bed? I just want a better storage solution that can be *somewhat* futureproof (I can always keep these panels in with a bedrack/cap/etc)

I've been looking at these Rough Country ones bc I can get the full set for $350, but does anyone have anything they'd recommend?

RC Panels: https://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-m...1-jeep-gladiator-jt-4wd-756566&sid=96XEQvnfwv
Sponsored

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
I've been debating some panels also. There's a few threads for each of the brands, but no real comparison of ease of use, space behind panel, durability, mounting, etc. I know Motobilt has a set, Builtright Industries, 813 fabrication, and JCR to name a few. Some can mount to the bed in the existing holes and some require the Mopar Cargo rails. Hopefully some more chime in.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
I have the 813 Under seat storage, but for the bed panels I went with Rough Country.

I installed the Driver Side bed molle panel this weekend and im pretty happy with it - it was like a hundred bucks cheaper than many of the other options Ive seen, and it was a single piece. Ive seen a few that were multiple pieces and wanted to avoid that. Once its in, its actually really sturdy, I was genuinely suprised.

If you do go that route, be careful drilling the rivnut hole near the tailgate. Lower the panel as much as you can in that area. There are some steel bits behind the bed side that are part of the tie down hook, and it made drilling that hole get pretty weird. I had to adjust and re-drill and get creative.

Outside of that, no real complaints, and for the price I paid im really happy. Already mounted a knockoff rotopax and got a small toolbox coming in the mail that will be mounted as well.

I do have a black horse tonneau compatible roll bar and it did not cause any issues on the install. The molle panel sits an inch or two below the top of the bed and I can get my tonneau back on without issue.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wanting a set as well, but can't decide which ones. I believe Putco has a set as well, and a fellow forum sponsor (@RealTruck) has a forum discount as well.

Sponsored

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
I just installed the RC molle panels today. I have not yet drilled and installed the rivnuts for the lower brackets on the side panel, Amazon been slow to deliver the rivnut tool.

The rivnuts are definitely required. When I closed the tailgate I heard them rattle quite a bit.

The front panel mounts nicely without any drilling, quite happy with it.

After I get the sides fully mounted I'll be organizing my gear on them. And expect to really like them.

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed PXL_20210705_210144847

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I've had the JCR Offroad panels for about 9 months now and really like them. They install in the factory cargo rail holes so no drilling, if you have the cargo rail installed the brackets sit between the cargo rail and the bed, in my case I have the BuiltRight rails but it would work the same with the factory rails. They are a little tricky to get nuts behind the mounts without taking the panels off but it can be done, just need a bit of patience.

Super solid, they don't have a lower mount on the side panels, just a standoff bracket with some rubber on it but I don't seem to have any issues and there is a lot of weight on the side panels.

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed 20210621_171701

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed 20210705_154641

Happy to take any measurements or provide specifics on the JCR panels if that would be helpful to anyone. I don't have experience with any of the other panels but the BuiltRight panels look nice. The deciding factor for me was the fact that the JCR panels mount behind the cargo rail so they don't take up any space on the rail.

Initially I was going to get a bed rack and didn't want to have a panel mount where the bed rack mount would need to be. At the end of the day I ended up with a SmartCap so it wouldn't have mattered....

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I've had the JCR Offroad panels for about 9 months now and really like them. They install in the factory cargo rail holes so no drilling, if you have the cargo rail installed the brackets sit between the cargo rail and the bed, in my case I have the BuiltRight rails but it would work the same with the factory rails. They are a little tricky to get nuts behind the mounts without taking the panels off but it can be done, just need a bit of patience.

Super solid, they don't have a lower mount on the side panels, just a standoff bracket with some rubber on it but I don't seem to have any issues and there is a lot of weight on the side panels.

Happy to take any measurements or provide specifics on the JCR panels if that would be helpful to anyone. I don't have experience with any of the other panels but the BuiltRight panels look nice. The deciding factor for me was the fact that the JCR panels mount behind the cargo rail so they don't take up any space on the rail.

Initially I was going to get a bed rack and didn't want to have a panel mount where the bed rack mount would need to be. At the end of the day I ended up with a SmartCap so it wouldn't have mattered....
Looks like a Max-Ax 👍 I've had one for years, very handy. Haven't seen many others.
I too have JCR and I like that they don't take any rail space or any drilling. Also, maybe it's just my impression but the fact that they are multiple pieces that overlap one another seems to make them more rigid.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks like a Max-Ax 👍 I've had one for years, very handy. Haven't seen many others.
I too have JCR and I like that they don't take any rail space or any drilling. Also, maybe it's just my impression but the fact that they are multiple pieces that overlap one another seems to make them more rigid.
Yep, good catch. I love the Max-Axe, it's in the 3rd vehicle now. Agreed on the stiffness of the panels, really happy with them and they are super solid.

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
Bed drilled and now the panels are super secure. I started adding some gear and trying different arrangements. I put some rivnuts into a metal ammo can and bolted it directly to the panels, I really like this am am gonna pick up a few more.
Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed PXL_20210717_005040510

Sponsored

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Bumping this old thread.

Fellas, what clips or fasteners are you using to secure your items to your molle panels?

Thanks!

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
I use various quickfist mounts for most of the gear I have on the panels. I also installed some nutserts into ammo cans and bolted them onto the panel to make some tool boxes.

I've been playing around with the Milwaukee packout system and a mounting plate but haven't found a setup I like with this.

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Bumping this old thread.

Fellas, what clips or fasteners are you using to secure your items to your molle panels?

Thanks!
A combination of a few different things, but like Animal mostly Quickfists. I have the Hi-Lift mounted using the JCR mount that comes with the MOLLE panels, fabbed up a quick mount bracket for the small gas can and I think the rest are Quickfists.

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed 20220130_141624

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed 20220130_141828

Jeep Gladiator Molle Panels for Bed 20220130_141854

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
A combination of a few different things, but like Animal mostly Quickfists. I have the Hi-Lift mounted using the JCR mount that comes with the MOLLE panels, fabbed up a quick mount bracket for the small gas can and I think the rest are Quickfists.

Man - that is a slick setup. Which canopy is that? Really nice setup
Sponsored