First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Hello Gladiator Nation! I’m new to having a Jeep, and of course my 2021 Gladiator is one hell of a way to dive into the world of Jeep’s. Anyway I’ve been doing some mods on my own, and will be installing the Mopar 2” lift kit along with a leveling kit. I’m currently running 35” tires and don’t think I’ll be going any bigger. This gladiator won’t be a pavement princess but I’m certainly not doing any sort of ‘serious’ rock climbing/off-roading.

That all being said .... should I be installing a Lower Control Arm Relocation Kit along with the mopar lift kit!? I understand this might help with making the truck operate closer to stock, but the only kits I’ve found state they are good for 3.5” lift kits only.

Should I be installing these?
Does it only help for larger lifts?
Am I looking into this too much?

Thank you in advance gladiator nation.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Gladiator Nation! I’m new to having a Jeep, and of course my 2021 Gladiator is one hell of a way to dive into the world of Jeep’s. Anyway I’ve been doing some mods on my own, and will be installing the Mopar 2” lift kit along with a leveling kit. I’m currently running 35” tires and don’t think I’ll be going any bigger. This gladiator won’t be a pavement princess but I’m certainly not doing any sort of ‘serious’ rock climbing/off-roading.

That all being said .... should I be installing a Lower Control Arm Relocation Kit along with the mopar lift kit!? I understand this might help with making the truck operate closer to stock, but the only kits I’ve found state they are good for 3.5” lift kits only.

Should I be installing these?
Does it only help for larger lifts?
Am I looking into this too much?

Thank you in advance gladiator nation.
If you install a leveling kit along with the Mopar kit you're going to be close to 3.5 inches of lift anyway but most of them should be for 2.5 inches of lift or greater. Mopar also has a longer lower control arm made specifically for the 2" Mopar lift kit but if you add a leaving kit you should probably do Geo Brackets instead because the Mopar lift is going to put you close to at about 2-3/4 inches by itself before you add the leveling kit.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rubicon-express/control-arm-drop-brackets-wrangler-jl-re9801

Reactions: Mac

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Build it right and skip the relocate bracket. Just becomes a weaker point of fail, in my opinion. The Mopar lift alone is great, the rake is not that bad. and if you tow anything the rake will help. Skip the brackets. If you have to put a level on it, look for another lift kit or buy adjustable control arms.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Lift Kit with Lower Control Arm Relocation Kit 1609328099944

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I want start a argument because everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have never heard of or saw a relocation bracket fail. Ran them on my JKU for 7 yrs and never had one issue and I wheeled it pretty hard.

OP
OP
LarBear

LarBear

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
If you install a leveling kit along with the Mopar kit you're going to be close to 3.5 inches of lift anyway but most of them should be for 2.5 inches of lift or greater. Mopar also has a longer lower control arm made specifically for the 2" Mopar lift kit but if you add a leaving kit you should probably do Geo Brackets instead because the Mopar lift is going to put you close to at about 2-3/4 inches by itself before you add the leveling kit.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rubicon-express/control-arm-drop-brackets-wrangler-jl-re9801
I see this geo bracket you’re suggesting is listed for rubicon... if this is the route I go, I don’t have a rubicon model, rather an overland. Do you happen to know if this will be an issue.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Geeze that sticks down LOW, it's going to get damaged offroad. There's a reason I put skidplates on all those low hanging brackets from the FACTORY design!

Build it right and skip the relocate bracket. Just becomes a weaker point of fail, in my opinion. The Mopar lift alone is great, the rake is not that bad. and if you tow anything the rake will help. Skip the brackets. If you have to put a level on it, look for another lift kit or buy adjustable control arms.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Lift Kit with Lower Control Arm Relocation Kit 1609328099944

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I see this geo bracket you’re suggesting is listed for rubicon... if this is the route I go, I don’t have a rubicon model, rather an overland. Do you happen to know if this will be an issue.
They work for any of them. Overland, sport, and Rubicon all have the same lower control arms.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Geeze that sticks down LOW, it's going to get damaged offroad. There's a reason I put skidplates on all those low hanging brackets from the FACTORY design!
Adjustable control arms is going to hang that low once you adjust it right, no different. If you know what your doing you want do any damage. I had them on my JKU and never damaged one.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
A
Adjustable control arms is going to hang that low once you adjust it right, no different. If you know what your doing you want do any damage. I had them on my JKU and never damaged one.
Adjustable lower control arms sit exactly same place and height as stock. Just 1/4" or what ever you adjust to longer. And built like tanks!

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I want start a argument because everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have never heard of or saw a relocation bracket fail. Ran them on my JKU for 7 yrs and never had one issue and I wheeled it pretty hard.
I would not say it's not an argument point but just a comfort and personal preference issue. As many different relocate brackets that are out there I am sure you are right, many, many get wheeled harder then anything I have ever done in 6 wranglers. But over the years we have seen some weak peices destryed in modest hard wheeling Just a matter of preference. And to agree further with your point of view. I just bought as 2012 E250 Ford Quigley 4X4 van and after inspecting the Dana Super 60 front axle from a F350, I see a few damn big and durable looking relocation brackets.

Just a personal preference and slight historical observation ( second hand).
Sponsored