Mopar 2" lift kit

2020Maximus

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
In the near future I am interested in purchasing the Mopar 2" lift kit (77072468AB $1696.) for my Gladiator Rubicon. I briefly spoke to the service advisor Manahawkin Jeep (NJ) when I was at my local dealership getting a free oil change and he stated (who didn't seem interested and off the top of his head) for the kit with installation will run me about $6K. When I told him I was considering doing the job myself or have a local shop do it he stated that if not done at a dealership it will void my factory warranty. Is this true?
Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
In the near future I am interested in purchasing the Mopar 2" lift kit (77072468AB $1696.) for my Gladiator Rubicon. I briefly spoke to the service advisor Manahawkin Jeep (NJ) when I was at my local dealership getting a free oil change and he stated (who didn't seem interested and off the top of his head) for the kit with installation will run me about $6K. When I told him I was considering doing the job myself or have a local shop do it he stated that if not done at a dealership it will void my factory warranty. Is this true?
Run away from that dealer. $1250 for the kit and a day of your time it was it will cost. A shop should have it done in less than a day.

Do a little research on this topic, it's been discussed a bunch.

Most of the time the dealer wont honor the warranty on the lift after you install it but it won't void the warranty on the truck.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
My kit with Installation at the dealership is about $2100 on an Overland Diesel. I think it is BS about the dealership install-Check with your Dealer of choice!! I changed figure above as a partial discount of my wheels and tires had been applied-Sorry.

Last edited:

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
Mopar lift and installed for $6000. No way ,, that's crazy high $$$$ for that. Run away from that.

10ecHarry

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
Plumber
Dealer where I bought my JT from told me 9 hours for lift instal..... I walked away from that... hahaha I could do it my driveway and not take 9 hours...

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Larry Miller Jeep in Bountiful (Salt Lake area) Utah said 3 hours which includes an alignmen. That was on Friday February 26, 2021.

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought my Mopar lift last year for $1100 delivered to my home. Then had my dealer, Mckinney Dodge City, install it for $800. I was going to do it myself, but got lazy and had it done. My Gator Rubicon rides like the factory Setup.

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I’ve heard that the “2” inch lift results in less than 2 inches in a Rubicon and significantly more than 2 inches on everything else.

Is there any truth to this? What I am getting at is there less of a point to a 2inch lift in a Rubicon?

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve heard that the “2” inch lift results in less than 2 inches in a Rubicon and significantly more than 2 inches on everything else.

Is there any truth to this? What I am getting at is there less of a point to a 2inch lift in a Rubicon?
I got my lift done last week on an Overland. I’ll send measurements later today.

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Whoever gave you that quote was talking out their ass. I got mine done at my local dealership for about $2k. I got a quote from another shop outside of town for about $1800.

The dealership quote was more than some other forum members have paid, but it’s the middle of winter in MN and I didn’t want to screw it up. 😜

Sponsored

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase

I think the simple answer is in the Springs being HD on the Rubicon so less Difference after lift. Diesel springs are also more HD, especially so on the Mopar 2" lift kit.

Last edited:

Trekkor2020

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I did before and after measurements, and ended up with 1.5 inch increase at all 4 corners. I also measured the change in the side-to-side location for the front and rear axles. There rear axle/wheels moved left toward driver side 1/8th of an inch. The front axle moved right to passenger side 1/8th inch. I was concerned i would need to use an adjustable track bar front and rear, but with this minor change I don't see the need.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
We have the mopar list on two of our Gladiator Rubicons and love them. It rides better than stock and we have had ZERO problems with either truck since the dealer installed them. The cost was right about $2100 installed all parts and labor, each. Both were raised over 2" front and back.

Here is a link below, where our grey and blue were identical EXCEPT for the Mopar lift on the grey and stock height on the blue one. This post below shows pictures where I measured the trucks side by side and the differences. These pictures are before the blue one got the same lift.

SEE POST #18 when you click this link......

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...for-someone-with-2-lift-w-35-37s.36971/page-2

Last edited:
OP
OP
2020Maximus

2020Maximus

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thank you for your input guys, yes that dealership or that service advsor was crazy with the price. I called a couple of other dealers and the cheapest I've found was Flemington Jeep. The 2" kit cost is $1529 with the install price of 851 for a total of 2380. That's way more reasonable.