Sponsored

Mopar 2" Lift Part Number AB vs AC?

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I am going with the Mopar 2" lift and 35s for my Overland. The part number on Mopar's site and at the dealer is 77072468AC but I am finding less expensive ones (still Mopar) on Amazon and other sites with Part number 77072468AB. Can somebody let me know if there is some material difference in the AB vs AC part #? It looks, to me, like they are the exact same but there has to be a reason for the difference. Also for those that had a dealer install this lift and alignment, how many labor hours did they charge? Thanks.
Sponsored

Shadco

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Punk'n. 2018 Camaro SS, Nighfall
Occupation
Operations
I happened to be trying to find the shock part number in this kit and ran across this...

SUSPENSIO. LIFT.
Part Number: 77072468AC
Supersession(s): 77072468AB; 77072468
5 people have looked at this part recently
Ships Fast From Lakeland, FL

AC just supersedes AB and no letters.
I bought mine on Amazon and all was perfect, came in crate but they do send the control arms separate. Apparently that is to save on the shipping cost.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Any more info on this? It looks like the rear shock absorber “AB” P/N is discontinued now too, but the replacement is not just “AC”, It must’ve got a completely new part number...wonder if anyone who had the AC kit has the new instructions with updated BOM?

OP
OP
brog

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Any more info on this? It looks like the rear shock absorber “AB” P/N is discontinued now too, but the replacement is not just “AC”, It must’ve got a completely new part number...wonder if anyone who had the AC kit has the new instructions with updated BOM?
I had mine done a few months ago. As you know, the AC is just an updated version of the AB. The AB is what you still tend to see on Amazon and other online stores. I did not get any instructions as I had it installed. I found this online for the AB and some install videos on youtube but they might have the info you're looking for. But I couldn't find the AC instructions. Hope it helps.

Mopar lift Videos

Attachments

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
i believe the AC is updated for diesel applications

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
I had mine done a few months ago. As you know, the AC is just an updated version of the AB. The AB is what you still tend to see on Amazon and other online stores. I did not get any instructions as I had it installed. I found this online for the AB and some install videos on youtube but they might have the info you're looking for. But I couldn't find the AC instructions. Hope it helps.

Mopar lift Videos
Yeah I think they may have changed the rear shock absorbers...as the part listed in the AB instructions are discontinued on most Mopar wholesaler websites

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called Mopar Performance today and had them email me the latest install instructions. These were dated October 2020 (which is different than what Quadratec and every other place has posted, with i believe is April 2019). Anyways, just a quick first look comparing BOM's, the latest AC kit has different front bump stops. Further digging, they look to have adopted the same bump stops in the JL kit, im not sure if theyre longer, shorter, bigger OD, or what (anybody know the specs on the JL front bumpstops in this kit P/N: 68501831AA???), but they are different!! (Got tired of calling people selling the AB kit, telling me its identical to the AC kit......because even the smallest of changes is still a change, and they dont just rev P/N's for fun....

With that said, i guess its completely plausible the bump stops are identical, just had different P/N's. and now theyre just doing some house cleaning, save a penny via standardizing, just dont know yet...

Sponsored

OP
OP
brog

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Called Mopar Performance today and had them email me the latest install instructions. These were dated October 2020 (which is different than what Quadratec and every other place has posted, with i believe is April 2019). Anyways, just a quick first look comparing BOM's, the latest AC kit has different front bump stops. Further digging, they look to have adopted the same bump stops in the JL kit, im not sure if theyre longer, shorter, bigger OD, or what (anybody know the specs on the JL front bumpstops in this kit P/N: 68501831AA???), but they are different!! (Got tired of calling people selling the AB kit, telling me its identical to the AC kit......because even the smallest of changes is still a change, and they dont just rev P/N's for fun....

With that said, i guess its completely plausible the bump stops are identical, just had different P/N's. and now theyre just doing some house cleaning, save a penny via standardizing, just dont know yet...
Not sure if you already have purchased the Mopar lift. But if not, there is a 15% off Performace Parts coupon available. It saves a couple hundred bucks.
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/se...?dealerCode=26963&fuel=gasoline&couponId=001B

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if you already have purchased the Mopar lift. But if not, there is a 15% off Performace Parts coupon available. It saves a couple hundred bucks.
https://www.mopar.com/jeep/en-us/se...?dealerCode=26963&fuel=gasoline&couponId=001B
Nice, ill definitely check it out, see if the coupon makes it worth while. I guess the only issue with it (as normally is), Mopar lists the kit price for so high, which the coupon will bring down around teh range everyone else is selling the kit for...we'll see tho

UPDATE: Mopar.com says "Coupon Code Not Valid" when i try it on the lift kit

OP
OP
brog

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Nice, ill definitely check it out, see if the coupon makes it worth while. I guess the only issue with it (as normally is), Mopar lists the kit price for so high, which the coupon will bring down around teh range everyone else is selling the kit for...we'll see tho
Yeah, I used it to just bring it in line with others. I just wanted to keep it with no questions should it need warranty work.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I just ordered from Amazon
I am going with the Mopar 2" lift and 35s for my Overland. The part number on Mopar's site and at the dealer is 77072468AC but I am finding less expensive ones (still Mopar) on Amazon and other sites with Part number 77072468AB. Can somebody let me know if there is some material difference in the AB vs AC part #? It looks, to me, like they are the exact same but there has to be a reason for the difference. Also for those that had a dealer install this lift and alignment, how many labor hours did they charge? Thanks.
I just ordered from Amazon, and AC arrived even though it's listed as AB.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered from Amazon

I just ordered from Amazon, and AC arrived even though it's listed as AB.
Was It the $1249 from Athens Jeep?
Sponsored