Sponsored

Mopar 82215137 Hood Lock Kit for 18-19 Wrangler JL

Bic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Unlimited Sport S
That date has been pushed back numerous times. I wouldn't count on it.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The Quadratec site says shipping on June 18th. Anyone know if there’s any validity to that date or will another delay soon be announced?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hood-lock-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl-82215137
I called Quadratec just before the 5/28 deadline--who by the why is blameless in this matter, as are all accessory vendors, and asked, "so how many times since my order back in 2/18 has the date been adjusted?"

The customer service rep replied, as he started counting, "over 20," losing count.

Is it possible that 6/18 will be "the" date---sure. I admit, like you, to having no data that supports or refutes the validity of that claim. Statistically speaking though, if history is any indication, you have a better change of being mauled by a snow and brown bear on the same day....

...not that I hope you are...just that you and I get the product! : - )

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@BLACKMOAB : although I've said it on the forum elsewhere, my guess as to why this is delayed is that FCA has been a douche with Strattec, the owners of Bolt Inc related to how the MOPAR and Bolt versions of this lock will differ, and how the heck they're going to get it to work with the Gladiator front camera--likely an afterthought--occupying the same real estate. I don't know this as fact.

Bolt says they had a vendor problem. B.S. not one that explains an 18 month delay, not ones that has the inquiries to the company President go unanswered.

FCA's non-disclosure agreements with the vendors they dick around are legendary. I'll bet Strattec's President has a good answer: he just can't say.

OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
For those that have the Mopar 8221537 preordered from Quadratec, don’t hold your breath. They continue to just randomly shift the date forward with no real knowledge of when or if they will ever be able to ship the parts. Upon making some phone calls, I learned that the Mopar part # has changed to 8221537AB and the MSRP has been increased to $200.00 (still with no true projected availability date). Thus, when (if?) they do become available, Quadratec will tell you the part # has changed and the price has increased to $XXX and you need to send more money or your order will be cancelled. The Quadratec sales department told me they have over 150 preorders waiting. Your best bet for getting the new 8221537AB will be through your local Jeep dealer. Mine told me to check back with them monthly as their Mopar parts lookup still shows no availability date. See link below.
https://www.allmoparparts.com/part-model/jeep-wrangler-jl-hood-lock.html

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
150 orders just at Quadratec x $200 ea = $30,000

Gee, too bad in our capitalist market a couple companies can't work it out to produce what is clearly a product in demand.

I'd bet Quadratec's pre-orders only reflect a small percentage of the market....probably less than 10%? (guessing?)

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
After six months of frustration, I ended up with the chinese made. They are so good so far. Easy to install, no drilling required, works with your factory key , High quality and lifetime warranty.

Got them from ebay

IMG_0111.JPG
Nice. Link please?

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)

Sponsored

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. So you had to assemble the tumbler to match your fob key right? You happy with it?
So far so good. No issues at all. It has been two weeks since installation. It's a smart lock. You insert your key and it will automatically fits into it

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
It’s easily found on aliexpress around $130. It’s been in my cart for a while but I didn’t see anyone post a review. Thanks for letting us know!

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Don't really care much about the price it's only 40 to 50 bucks difference comparing to the vehicle price and the parts i have installed on it . What matter to me, is the quality