Sponsored

Mopar Extended Performance Rock Rails Installed

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just finished replacing my Rubicon rock rails with the Mopar Extended Performance Rock Rails (#82215606). They ain't cheap ($720 from BAM Wholesale), but they provide a lot more protection from rocks on the trail, protect a bit from rocks that get thrown up, and they provide a nice step for kids and people of shorter stature. They come bedlined from the factory and feel very well-made. Thanks to BAM for the prompt shipping and quality packaging. Install is very simple.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wet_willy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, 2018 Traverse, 2013 FX4 F-150, 2008 GT500KR “King of the Road”
That’s cool, so it’s a dual function! Guess these are better than mopar step side

Deleted member 23202

How wide/deep is the step area?
It seems close to the body. I’m wondering if shoes will get enough area to not toe-kick the body.

OP
OP
LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
How wide/deep is the step area?
It seems close to the body. I’m wondering if shoes will get enough area to not toe-kick the body.
About 4". If you need a truly dedicated step, then you should definitely buy a dedicated step, as there's the possibility of shoe/body contact here. I'm not super worried about it since I'm getting PPF installed on the rockers. Plus, I don't need a step to get into the Jeep. I bought these primarily for the extra rock protection, both as sliders on the trail and for rocks getting kicked up. But they will definitely help my wife and kids enter the Jeep. With a little care (never guaranteed with kids), there shouldn't be any shoe/rocker contact.

For a rock rail, these work admirably as steps. Certainly better than the Shrockworks sliders I've run in the past. It all depends on your needs.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a frame level pic - would love to see how / where they fit on the frame/body Thanks

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Are these longer? They look to be closer to the tires which may be an issue for people running larger than OEM sizing.

OP
OP
LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
They look good!
They won't be to everyone's taste. Some will prefer beefier (and much heavier) rails. Some will prefer more functional steps that aren't rock rails. For the price, quality, and weight, I like the balance these provide. I'm an overlander, not a rock crawler, and these should work for what I do based on past experience.

Sponsored

Jmospider

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Is there anyway to add steps to the Rubicon rock rails or do you need to replace the whole thing?

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Short of removing the bedliner and welding some steps on, I don’t see how.
I saw a post somewhere on here of someone doing exactly that. I don't think I saw the finished product though or how they liked it. I have no skills personally so I'd have to find a fabricator.