First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that was only dealer-installed mopar lifts.
That is correct yes. I believe they say "professionally installed" which leaves a little gray area, but would eliminate any non-mopar kits.
Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
So if I plan on installing a Clayton lift, getting the extended warranty would be pointless?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I already have the 7/100k plan but would be interested in bumping to 8/125k. Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade plans?
Yes, it is possible. I recently upgraded from a 75k Added Care to a Unlimited Max Care. I have 31k miles on my truck. I decided to keep it instead of ordering a new one.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So if I plan on installing a Clayton lift, getting the extended warranty would be pointless?
Possibly. I would try to get some answers on what they will no longer cover if a lift is added later. Or, if they just cancel it and issue a (partial) refund.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
It would potentially void a suspension claim in the future. If your radio stopped working it would be covered.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
With a mileage surcharge and a modification surcharge, I'm wondering if the extended warranty is really a good value.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
With a mileage surcharge and a modification surcharge, I'm wondering if the extended warranty is really a good value.
If you keep it for a long time, I believe it makes sense.

We're not necessarily trying to sell anyone on a warranty, just trying to provide an option for those who will that's the most cost-effective.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean mileage surcharge? Also, in the grand scheme of things an extended warranty is never a good value. Jeep doesn't sell them at an aggregated loss. But I think anyone who knows jeeps well enough to have interest in a jeep forum knows there are good jeeps and bad jeeps, and I don't know about you but my luck with cars says I'm not gonna be the guy who buys the JT that goes 125k miles with nothing but regular maintenance. And if I do get 125k stress free miles, dropping an extra $2500 over 125k miles will be a drop in the bucket on after purchase money spent on my jeep.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
How far out can you go with years and miles? My ecodiesel has a 5-yr 100k powertrain warranty, so not sure purchasing one really makes sense.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
How far out can you go with years and miles? My ecodiesel has a 5-yr 100k powertrain warranty, so not sure purchasing one really makes sense.
8/125 is the max. Unless you think jeep electronics are bulletproof, the maxcare protects a lot more than the drivetrain.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
8/125 is the max. Unless you think jeep electronics are bulletproof, the maxcare protects a lot more than the drivetrain.
Anything other than a drivetrain likely won't be more than the cost of the warranty itself. In my opinion, not worth the calculated wager both the purchasing and selling party of any warranty make. I'll keep the money in my pocket and use it as a rainy day fund should I have a failure of that sort.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Everyone,

We strive to be an asset to this community are doing our best to get creative with what we can offer here as a benefit to the Jeep Gladiator Forum. With that being said, we have done some shopping and have come up with the best deal on Mopar Vehicle Protection plans. We will now offer any plan (Maximum Care, Added Care Plus, Powertrain Care Plus, Tire & Wheel, Maintenance) at $50 over dealer cost on any Gladiator! This offer is good for any Gladiator whether it was purchased from our store or another Jeep store. This represents a discount from in-store MSRP pricing of $1500-$2000 on average and is cheaper than any other online retailer.

How do you get this started?

Please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:

Name
Address
Phone number
VIN
Approximate mileage on Gladiator now
Coverage desired (years and mileage)

The entire process will be handled seamlessly online by electronic signature and a secure electronic deposit. Your contract will be in force within 2-3 business days of completion of the deposit and electronic signature. Stellantis' MVP system is nationwide and will update electronically within their system showing your contract status, so you won't need a paper copy of the contract to bring with you to the dealership for repair

Have another Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or Ram vehicle you'd like to add coverage to? Our pricing will be $50 over dealer cost as well. This should meet or exceed any other pricing you find online. The process is initiated the same way by emailing [email protected] with the information above.

This offer is good for anywhere in the U.S.

Again, we want to thank this supportive community here and appreciate the opportunity to help wherever we can!

Zach
Holy cow, Zach - this makes me wish I had talked to you about ordering my 2022 that will be replacing my 2020.
I may be chatting with you folks when it comes in (assuming I don't have to go get it like Johnny Cash did)

You have up to 36,000 miles, but there is a surcharge at 12,000 and 24,000 miles. Also we've seen frequent price increases from Mopar, so in this inflationary environment it may make sense to purchase sooner than later.
My wife bought her 2021 in October 2020.
It has about 6,000 miles on it - so is this surcharge for mileage only, or time as well? It will take her another year or more to get to 12,000 miles.

My son bought a MOPAR "extended warranty" (service plan if you prefer) when he bought his compass here in Iowa.
The radio died last year - he has a loaded Compass, full of options, and of course out of the ordinary 3/36 warranty.
It was covered with a $100 deductible. The dealer in Florida that did the work said the radio would have cost him $1,000 without the coverage.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
My son bought a MOPAR "extended warranty" (service plan if you prefer) when he bought his compass here in Iowa.
The radio died last year - he has a loaded Compass, full of options, and of course out of the ordinary 3/36 warranty.
It was covered with a $100 deductible. The dealer in Florida that did the work said the radio would have cost him $1,000 without the coverage.
To be honest i was thinking more electrical gremlins like wiring harness issues rather than infotainment. I'm sure you more than most here know how expensive it is for a customer to replace a bulk of a vehicles wiring because a shop can't pinpoint a problem.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
To be honest i was thinking more electrical gremlins like wiring harness issues rather than infotainment. I'm sure you more than most here know how expensive it is for a customer to replace a bulk of a vehicles wiring because a shop can't pinpoint a problem.
You mean like the times members here have had entire wiring harnesses replaced because of rubbing wear, pinching, or other issues, normally not caused by the owner/driver? I'd hate to even buy one of those, then taking the time to replace it............

Aw, come on, nuttin' to it.........

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Extended Warranty $25 over Dealer Cost--NOW OFFERING PAYMENT PLANS ALL ONLINE!! sx4-wiring-100

I was thinking infotainment because of personal experiences (my son, and my wife with her 2018 WK2 - the radio crapped out just weeks before 3 years) and that the most common complaint about cars in general, regardless of car maker, is......... infotainment. Ford, GM, Jeep - number one problem.
Sponsored