First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Holy cow, Zach - this makes me wish I had talked to you about ordering my 2022 that will be replacing my 2020.
I may be chatting with you folks when it comes in (assuming I don't have to go get it like Johnny Cash did)

My wife bought her 2021 in October 2020.
It has about 6,000 miles on it - so is this surcharge for mileage only, or time as well? It will take her another year or more to get to 12,000 miles.

My son bought a MOPAR "extended warranty" (service plan if you prefer) when he bought his compass here in Iowa.
The radio died last year - he has a loaded Compass, full of options, and of course out of the ordinary 3/36 warranty.
It was covered with a $100 deductible. The dealer in Florida that did the work said the radio would have cost him $1,000 without the coverage.
There are different price bumps at 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) 24 months or 24,000 miles and then again at 36 months 36,000 miles.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There are different price bumps at 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) 24 months or 24,000 miles and then again at 36 months 36,000 miles.
Ah, ok, thanks. I thought there had to be a time in there and not just miles, otherwise in her case it could be 3 years before she hits 12,000 miles.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Ah, ok, thanks. I thought there had to be a time in there and not just miles, otherwise in her case it could be 3 years before she hits 12,000 miles.
Yes, sorry for the confusion.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
The Grange Motors guys specifically stated above there is a surcharge is your Jeep
What do you mean mileage surcharge? Also, in the grand scheme of things an extended warranty is never a good value. Jeep doesn't sell them at an aggregated loss. But I think anyone who knows jeeps well enough to have interest in a jeep forum knows there are good jeeps and bad jeeps, and I don't know about you but my luck with cars says I'm not gonna be the guy who buys the JT that goes 125k miles with nothing but regular maintenance. And if I do get 125k stress free miles, dropping an extra $2500 over 125k miles will be a drop in the bucket on after purchase money spent on my jeep.
The guy from Granger Motors stated there is a surcharge at 12k and 24k miles.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
I would like to see what it covers with regards to the diesel engine model.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
I would like to see what it covers with regards to the diesel engine model.
if you email us we can get you a copy of the contract that will have all components covered written inside of the contract.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Thank you to everyone who reached out in May and the beginning of this month in regards to coverage! We were able to save our customers over $50,000 from in-dealership pricing for Mopar Extended Warranty coverage!

We are going to keep this special rolling into June and the forseeable future with this great demand.

Zach

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you to everyone who reached out in May and the beginning of this month in regards to coverage! We were able to save our customers over $50,000 from in-dealership pricing for Mopar Extended Warranty coverage!

We are going to keep this special rolling into June and the forseeable future with this great demand.

Zach
I have a 2022 coming - either end of June or first part of July.
I had intended for this to be the last Jeep I ever own - but the changes since 2020 (and my wife's suggestion) convinced me to trade to a later model year.
If I decide the 2022 is the last Jeep I'll ever own, an extended warranty is in my future.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
I have a 2022 coming - either end of June or first part of July.
I had intended for this to be the last Jeep I ever own - but the changes since 2020 (and my wife's suggestion) convinced me to trade to a later model year.
If I decide the 2022 is the last Jeep I'll ever own, an extended warranty is in my future.
We'd love to help when the time comes.

heftysmurf

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Zach, thanks for posting here. I've always done my own maintenance and upgrades however, as I get a little older, I find I'd rather spend my time on other activities. My 14 JKU was a great vehicle and I traded it in at 100k miles. Guy who bought it pops up at my local Jeep event and turns out right after he bought it, around $2800 worth of work had to be done as the injector harness had an issue. Dealership covered it but I thought, "Wow, if I would've kept it, it would've cost a pretty penny to keep driving". The new Added Care Plus for 8 yr/125k miles I just purchased was over $1k less than that one repair!

And to further my reasoning, my wife's 2017 GLI just had the infotainment crap the bed. Sure I could get a sweet aftermarket unit and get MOST of the factory integrated stuff to work, not ALL of it will. So we dropped $1k for a new headunit and reprogram. Frustrating but she's just over the time limit (not miles) of warranty.

So, first extended warranty but Granger had the best price by far and it at least gives some peace of mind as I find other uses for my time.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Occupation
Car Dealer
Zach, thanks for posting here. I've always done my own maintenance and upgrades however, as I get a little older, I find I'd rather spend my time on other activities. My 14 JKU was a great vehicle and I traded it in at 100k miles. Guy who bought it pops up at my local Jeep event and turns out right after he bought it, around $2800 worth of work had to be done as the injector harness had an issue. Dealership covered it but I thought, "Wow, if I would've kept it, it would've cost a pretty penny to keep driving". The new Added Care Plus for 8 yr/125k miles I just purchased was over $1k less than that one repair!

And to further my reasoning, my wife's 2017 GLI just had the infotainment crap the bed. Sure I could get a sweet aftermarket unit and get MOST of the factory integrated stuff to work, not ALL of it will. So we dropped $1k for a new headunit and reprogram. Frustrating but she's just over the time limit (not miles) of warranty.

So, first extended warranty but Granger had the best price by far and it at least gives some peace of mind as I find other uses for my time.
Thanks for the opportunity to assist!