Sponsored

Mopar Front/Rear Molded Splash Guards -- do the fix the Max Tow Sport-S?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
Folks, I've seen some contradictory stuff on the web about these.
Does anyone know if the MOPAR OEM Molded Splash Guards will fit the Sport-S Max tow (with the factory side steps)?
Sponsored

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT MaxTow, 2015 Harley Triglide, GMC Terrain
Occupation
Plumber
I bought the oem flaps when I picked my truck up. There yrear ones were wrong had to wait till beginning of April to get the Max Tow flaps. Can’t find the part no right now but this is the instruction sheet.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: jlg

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
The Mopar part no for max tow fenders is 82216377A. Like I posted I had bought the flaps from the dealer for like $74.00. But the tears where wrong. The right one are the above part no.

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Sorry no is 82216377AA don’t know if you need the other A . I have factory running boards and the front fit rather well

Sponsored

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I'm going to call my dealer to see if they have/can order them for me (I'm sure they can use the business!)
Thanks for your help with this!
Oh, is this the part number for ALL 4 splashguards, or just the rear?

From the instructions you posted, do you REALLY need to remove the wheels?

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
Rear only. The front are probably the same that you had on Amazon. I didn’t remove the rear tires, but the only reason I didn’t was I have a right angle attachment and a 1/4” hex drive bit. The directions are remove push pin from inner fender, then rivet flap in place, the rough part was drilling in the plastic edge. Watch that the drill doesn’t wander. Push rivet in place then check for straight, then drill second hole. The only mistake I made was doing the drivers side first. I recommend the passenger side first, if it is a little crooked you will know what you did wrong before the drivers side. My one one the drivers side is about a 1/8” off. Most wont notice the mistake, especially at 55 mph. The right angle bit is for the inner most hole in the flap to plastic wheel liner.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, my dealer just sent me a note that if I have the Side Steps, the MOPAR flaps will NOT fit on the front.
Does anyone know of any mudflaps what will work with the MAX tow Sport-S, with side steps?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
So, my dealer just sent me a note that if I have the Side Steps, the MOPAR flaps will NOT fit on the front.
Does anyone know of any mudflaps what will work with the MAX tow Sport-S, with side steps?
Weathertech says their front flaps will fit, but not the rear. You have to give them your SPECIFIC trim level to get the right ones.

I have a Rubi and I got the complete set. The fronts have a molding to accept rock sliders/side rails and my Rock Hard Sliders do NOT touch the front mud flap because of this molding.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Kevin. I just checked, and here is what I got:
Rear MudFlaps do not fit Sport S models equipped with the optional Max Tow Package.
I sent them a quick note to see if they are going to HAVE flaps for the rear on the Max Tow.
Ugh. I may have to mix/match from diff vendors. Not Great, but I guess they ARE mud flaps, so....

Does ANYONE know what it is about the Max Tow that makes it so different in the rear fenders?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Plumbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plumber
The liners fit different. I had the wrong ones first. They leave a large gap where they are supposed to mount. I was going to put a 1inch shim in but I thought first heavy snow fall or mud hole they would get damaged.

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
Weathertech says their front flaps will fit, but not the rear. You have to give them your SPECIFIC trim level to get the right ones.

I have a Rubi and I got the complete set. The fronts have a molding to accept rock sliders/side rails and my Rock Hard Sliders do NOT touch the front mud flap because of this molding.
Weather tech says they rears do not fit the Max Tow because of me... I returned mine with pictures of how they do not fit. I was in contact with them for a while about the possibility of making rears that fit the max tow, but I’m sure the virus is slowing that down.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Kevin. I just checked, and here is what I got:
Rear MudFlaps do not fit Sport S models equipped with the optional Max Tow Package.
I sent them a quick note to see if they are going to HAVE flaps for the rear on the Max Tow.
Ugh. I may have to mix/match from diff vendors. Not Great, but I guess they ARE mud flaps, so....

Does ANYONE know what it is about the Max Tow that makes it so different in the rear fenders?
It has wider axles with different fender flares to accommodate the width.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped