First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Just replaced my factory hard top with a factory soft top and the rear Mopar grab handles no longer fit or clear the soft top frame work. I there something I'm missing or just go with a after market Velcro system.
Sponsored

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
When I bought mine, Quadratic stated they would not work with a soft top.

OP
OP
EXTORTION

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Ok, Guess I look for ones with the velcro straps

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Just replaced my factory hard top with a factory soft top and the rear Mopar grab handles no longer fit or clear the soft top frame work. I there something I'm missing or just go with a after market Velcro system.
I don't have the soft top, however it just seems strange that the Mopar handles wouldn't work with the soft top. I am not suggesting you're doing anything wrong; I am questioning the intelligence of Jeep (engineers) to offer a Mopar product that's incompatible with OEM soft top. Do they offer a handle that works with soft tops then? I ask because I really like the Mopar handles compared to the other options out there; I'd be pissed.

OP
OP
EXTORTION

EXTORTION

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
I don't have the soft top, however it just seems strange that the Mopar handles wouldn't work with the soft top. I am not suggesting you're doing anything wrong; I am questioning the intelligence of Jeep (engineers) to offer a Mopar product that's incompatible with OEM soft top. Do they offer a handle that works with soft tops then? I ask because I really like the Mopar handles compared to the other options out there; I'd be pissed.
I agree, strange they don't fit, except they were most likely designed for the JL's which have a different soft top mounting system. Im sure if Jeep gets enough complaints, they will come up with something for the Gladiator Soft top option. The issue with the rear grab handles is the soft top mounting brackets protrude over the grab handle mounting location not allowing the soft top to properly seat itself if the grab handles are attached. Gladiators are new, I'm sure this will be corrected soon

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yep the rear won't work and also keep a look out some of the velcro models don't fit either

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I got mine "free" when I bought the truck.

Wife slipped getting in and one of the screws broke. I took them off and went with long strapped velcro grab handles.

Those screws are NOT structural and the way the hand grips attach puts it at the screw's weak point, sheering.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
They won’t clear. The door surrounds have almost zero clearance. Fast forward to 5:05

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They won’t clear. The door surrounds have almost zero clearance. Fast forward to 5:05
Yep same I had to take mine off after I tried loosening, tweaking, turning everything I could possibly think of to get it to work. But no luck. Just pulled them off and continued to install the soft top.

Sponsored

trader979

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Financial Services
Anyone come up with a quick mod to get these to fit? Was thinking of removing the bracket and attaching to the soft top bracket some how.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone come up with a quick mod to get these to fit? Was thinking of removing the bracket and attaching to the soft top bracket some how.
That seems extreme to make a grab handle fit.

Just get different handles.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up just getting some velcro models. They don't fit perfectly but they work ok