Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
Good morning,
We are getting ready to install the Mopar lift on my Gladiator. We compared the stock lower control arms to the Mopar lift lower control arms and can see no difference other than the rubber seals. Why would I change these out for the same thing?
Sponsored

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The control arms should be slightly longer than the stock ones to correct the axle caster.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
The control arms should be slightly longer than the stock ones to correct the axle caster.
Ok. We couldn’t tell any difference at all. At this point I may temporarily run the stock arms and purchase aftermarket. Do you have any recommendations?

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Why would you purchase aftermarket control arms when you have the ones designed for the lift in hand?
One, for looks. Two, for added performance. I paid $300 for the lift so I am very far ahead when it comes to budget.

Sponsored

1OffCraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
One, for looks. Two, for added performance. I paid $300 for the lift so I am very far ahead when it comes to budget.
Ok... meantime your caster will be off, and could cause you some unpleasant steering experiences.
I'd suggest installing the Mopar lift control arms that were supplied, and add the aftermarket ones later if you choose.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Ok... meantime your caster will be off, and could cause you some unpleasant steering experiences.
I'd suggest installing the Mopar lift control arms that were supplied, and add the aftermarket ones later if you choose.
Good idea. I appreciate the responses.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The LCA's in the kit are .25" longer than the factory arms. You REALLY want them until you get the adjustable LCA's.

You can see the offset in the eye position.

I'm running the longer arms on my JTR as a cheap fix for too little caster, with no lift yet. Works well for $60.

Good idea. I appreciate the responses.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift lower control arms IMG_20200726_095102

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
The LCA's in the kit are .25" longer than the factory arms. You REALLY want them until you get the adjustable LCA's.

You can see the offset in the eye position.

I'm running the longer arms on my JTR as a cheap fix for too little caster, with no lift yet. Works well for $60.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar lift lower control arms IMG_20200726_095102
Yes I can definitely see it now. Thank you for posting that!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
You should have been able to tell they are different lengths by putting a bolt through one end of each and not being able to do it on the other end. They may not be that much longer but when you're dealing with 1* increments it matters.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Seems like a very small difference, I have used Rancho geometry correction brackets in the past and they would seem to make more than a .25” change, definitely make a big difference in driving feel even with just 2” of lift.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Long story short, we took the Mopar lift off of my friend’s Gladiator and then put on Rubi take-offs. While doing so we compared the Rubi take-offs control arms to the Mopar control arms but couldn’t really see a difference so we left the Mopar lift arms on. Butttt now after reading what you all have written/showed we have to remove and replace.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Seems like a very small difference, I have used Rancho geometry correction brackets in the past and they would seem to make more than a .25” change, definitely make a big difference in driving feel even with just 2” of lift.
A .25" change is about 2 degrees of caster movement. That's not insignificant.

Also, geometry correction brackets drop the control arm mounting point requiring more adjustment for the same degree of correction.

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Wow, this is great information! Thank you so much! Was about to pull the trigger on just some leveling spacers. Will add this to the list.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I am running the Mopar 2" lift control arms on my leveled JTR. A little bit goes a long way. It made a difference and drives great.
Sponsored